33 Los Vaqueros

"Graves is probably in the HQ holding his ground," Charlie stated as Rodolfo looked at her. "Once we're in we split up. Close air clears the way." "Charlie stays with me... with shadows on the run we locate Graves and kill him, comprende?" Ghost asks.

"Completely, Lieutenant," Rodolfo nods. Soap grabbed the designator to mark the targets in order for Price to fire upon them. As the van approached the gate it stopped, Charlie began to tap her door more out of fear. L security gate is off our left side..." Rodolfo sighed as Ghost looked out of the windows. "Multiple Shadows on guard..." Ghost stated as Soap was able to get pre assault fires on the gate. "Target marked!" Soap shouted into his radio as Price tuned in, "copy your mark. Weapons loose," Price stated.

The gate and Shadows around it were blown up by Price as Charlie shot her head up to look at the sight in front of her. "Good guns. Bravo-6," Ghost stated as the van began to drive into the base. Charlie began to become afraid. The fear of watching her friends be shot down in front of her or even worse, feeling the pain of herself being shot.

But still she readied her gun as they went in. "On me! Go! Go!" Rodolfo shouted as they exited the vehicle. Charlie began opening fire on Shadows while Ghost stayed beside her. A part of her froze as she watched Shadows shoot at her friends and allies. "Graves is in the HQ, we need to find him, keep pushing up!" Ghost said go his team.

He paused as he turned behind him to notice Charlie frozen in place as she stared at the base in front of her, the place where she grew to make friends and saw these people as her own family.

Soap saw the danger up ahead as he shook his head towards Ghost. The sound of a bullet caused Charlie to turn her head to the side quickly.

"CHARLOTTE! MOVE!" Ghost shouted suddenly as Charlie's vision went black.

~~~~

2011 Manchester, England

"Please don't go!" Charlie shouted as her father tossed his duffel bag into the back seat of his car. Charlie was only 5, the bottom of her pajama pants began to get dirty from mud as she tried to stop her father from leaving. "Daddy please!" She cried as he got into the front seat.

"Momma says you can come see me once a month," he sighs as she shakes her head. "No! Take me with you!" She cried as he shook his head. "No, Charlie," her father said as he pulled out of the driveway. Charlie ran in front of the car as it pulled out, she tried to stop him from leaving as tears ran down her face.

"Charlotte. Move." Her father demanded as she continued to cry and shake her head. Her mother came out and threw her cigarette on the floor. She grabbed Charlie by her hair and arm and violently yanked her away from the front of her father's car. Charlie cried and screamed for her dad to help her, save her, to take her with him. But non of it worked.

Her father felt a tear toll down his cheek as he drove away from the home he raised his daughter in and drove off to the airport, leaving his daughter to cry and scream for him to save her. He watched from the rear view mirror as his ex-wife dragged Charlie inside.

~~~~

"CHARLIE!" Ghost shouted as Charlie opened her eyes with a gasp. Ghost stood there with blood on his clothes as he held onto her. Charlie turned to the side to see a Shadow beside her, his face was crushed in by a blade.
"G-Ghost?" Charlie shakily asked as Ghost helped her up.

"Don't." He said as he patted her shoulder, "keep moving, kid." Ghost's breath was heavy as he handed Charlie her gun.

"Soap, air support standing by," Price said into the radio as Soap used his gun to take out any snipers. Soap marked his target for air support as Price used his helicopter to open fire.

Charlie felt her heart calm down as she began to kill some Shadows. She came up behind one as she quickly slit his throat. The Shadow fell back as he bled out. She remained close to Ghost as Price fired at a barracks building, the same building she stayed in.

A large pole tower fell down onto the building as Charlie covered her ears from the loud bangs of the helicopter fire.
"Look at 'er go, LT!" Soap smiled as he opens fire on some Shadows. Ghost nods a bit as a Soap continues to open fire as Soap continues, "Gaz calls her a bad omen."

"That's nice, Johnny, but I really need to focus on this!" Ghost shouts as he stabs a Shadow in the neck. Soap smiled a bit as he watches Charlie take down snipers that stand on roofs. "She's kinda like a damn Raven," Soap smiled.

Charlie coughed from the smoke of burning cars as she pushed forward with the group. "Go through the barracks to the main building! Graves is there!" Rodolfo shouts as Soap and Charlie run forward.

Charlie threw a grenade at a group of Shadows and killed a good amount of them. She ran into the barracks and explored with Soap, taking out anyone she could.

Then she froze.

Her bed sat in the corner, her sheets still disheveled and sitting on a table was her dog tags.

"CHARLOTTE CUNNINGHAM
ARMY
RC"

Charlie looked at her dog tags, she stared at her name. Charlotte. No. She wasn't Charlotte anymore. She was Charlie. A cold hearted soldier who will stop at nothing to watch those who hurt her burn. She exhale sharply before Soap shouted at her. "LETS GET A MOVE ON, KID!" He shouted as Charlie shoved the dog tags in her pocket.

She continued forward as they continued to take soldiers down. "Snipers on the roof. Call for fire, Soap!" Ghost shouted as Soap called in for air support. Charlie hid behind a window as she watched the snipers be taken out by Price in the helicopter.

She reloaded her gun as her eyes narrowed at the main building. "Let's go kill this son of a bitch," she growled.