03 A Job Well Done

"Kid, watch your step, there's holes in the grass everywhere." Soap said, Charlie did as he asked and watched her, "bloody bastards just won't stop, will they?" Charlie mumbled while referring to Hassan's men, Soap let out a hardy chuckle, "no they won't, welcome to war, kid." Soap continued, patting Charlie on the back as they kept moving, Charlie looked around at the scenery, the gunfire, the explosions, the destroyed buildings, everything. It was all so intense, yet she kept going, eventually running forward from soap and up towards Ghost and another Bravo member.

"Get back, I don't want you getting shot on your first mission." Ghost said, holding his arm out to block her. Charlie stumbled back a bit but nodded, "yes, sir. Sorry, Lieutenant." Charlie said before hearing sniper shots. She dove down into tall grass along with the rest of the squad. She made sure she wasn't shot before staying as still as she could, making sure that the sniper couldn't shoot her. And that she was safe to look at her surroundings.

"A.Q sniper on the roof, get down!" Ghost said in a stern voice. Charlie wasted no time and looked over to see Soap grab a sniper. "Soap, take out the shooter! Rest o' ya stay low until we're all clear!" Ghost shouted, Soap took out the sniper quickly and got up, "sniper down!" He shouted before continuing to move. He heard a small grunt behind him and turned around to see a someone struggling to get it. It was Charlie, whose leg had been grazed by a sniper bullet. "Fucking bloody Christ." He said before going back over, "can you walk, soldier?" He asked. Charlie nodded as Soap helped her up.

Soap made sure she was safely secure near him as they moved forward. Soap shot the remaining snipers on the roof and right before taking out the last one he heard a gun fire off next to him. Charlie had shot the last sniper. "What the hell?" Soap questioned, "how did you do that?" He continued. Charlie just shrugged, "good aim I guess, Sargent." She spoke, her voice beginning to get stern. As she finished her sentence gunfire broke out, "push up to the wall! Now!" Ghost shouted, people did as he said and hid behind a wall, Charlie took aim and began gunning men down one at a time, she never missed a shot. Not once.

Soap began helping her, taking out men in windows that tried shooting and watched as a helicopter dropped bombs onto the building ahead. "A glorious sight." Ghost said, Charlie's eye widened as she continued to shoot, her eyes were glued to the explosion. Like a moth to a flame she began targeting silhouettes in the light of the explosion and gunning them down. "Thank Christ for air support!" Soap shouted as Charlie let a small smile creep onto her lips. Soap nudged her arm as she looked at the boys, "I hope Hassan is still in one piece." She said over comms so they could hear her. "Several pieces will do, kid, easier to find that way." Ghost said, hopping over the stone wall.

Charlie followed Ghost as he lead the group towards the building, "I want this place locked down." Ghost spoke briefly. "7-1, moving interior." Soap said, Charlie waited outside and waited to go in as Soap made entry. An enemy began to scream as they ran forward, Charlie aimed her gun and shot at them as they tried to attack Soap. Soap and Charlie cleared the first floor, taking out anyone they saw within milliseconds. "Nice one, kid." Soap commented as Charlie got her last kill in. "Second deck, moving up." Ghost said, leading the group upstairs into the second deck.

Hassan's voice could be heard over a computer screen as they climbed the stairs. Charlie was silent, and Soap noticed her uncomfortably large eyes as they kept moving.  "Oi, blink for once, and put your night vision on." Soap said, Charlie looked over and blinked before putting the night vision on, "sorry, Sargent, it helps me focus." She said softly, her voice almost a whisper. "What the hell?" Soap muttered to himself as he continued to watch the teenager move throughout the halls, both Soap and Charlie cleared the floor easily until coming across a jacket. "Fuck." Charlie muttered as Soap grabbed it. "Look, Hassan's uniform."  Soap said, showing the jacket to Ghost and Charlie.