17 The Interview

"What do you want," Charlie said, she followed what Graves had told her and took on a tough appearance. Valeria watched as Charlie held a straight posture and a mean face.

"Why do you work for these men...?" Valeria asked as she crossed her legs. "I don't work for them... we're a team..." Charlie replied. Valeria turned her head to the side slightly, "are you a team? Or are they using you, Niña?" She grins.

Charlie shook her head and let out a laugh, "if anything I'm using them in order to get my credibility higher when I do other things." Valeria's eyes felt like sharp daggers on Charlie. "They're using you, that's what these people do..." Valeria says as she leans back in her chair and crosses her arms.

Charlie's grayish blue eyes never left Valeria for a second, her concentration was on Valeria's expressions and the way she expressed her body language. "Why did you want me here," Charlie narrowed her eyes at her.

"You're a young and impressionable young lady.... you could help me," she grinned. Charlie shook her head, "hell no," why the fuck would I ever do that?!" She shouted, getting up to leave the room.

"I'll tell you things... but these are things that the others can't know," Valeria said, causing Charlie to freeze. "What kind of things?" Charlie asks, turning herself towards Valeria. "Things that those men don't want you to know... if I tell you... you have to make a deal with me," Valeria began.

"No deal... Alejandro said to make no deals with you..." Charlie interrupted, she shook her head as she glared at the woman in front of her. Valeria got up and walked over before grabbing her face, "you're nothing but a weapon to them, those men don't care for you at all..." Valeria began, "I could care for you... I would be much better then you could..."

Charlie bit Valeria's hand to get her to let go, causing Valeria to pull away and growl in pain, "you don't want my help? Fine," Valeria scoffed. "I don't need your help! I trust these men with my life and I won't befriend someone who helped a terrorist!" Charlie pushed Valeria away from her.

"Oh please, you're just a useless toy to them! If you got killed they wouldn't give a damn! They would just replace you!" Valeria shouted at Charlie. The young girl froze and began to think about it...Valeria's comments were getting to her head. Would they just abandon her like that.

"I'm not joining you and your fucking asshole cartel," Charlie growled.

Valeria let out a small chuckle, "your loss, Niña..." she grinned. Charlie backed up until the door opened. Ghost came storming in and grabbed Charlie, "you bloody bastard," he said to Valeria before pulling Charlie out of the room and closing the door, locking Valeria inside.

He got down on his knee and made sure Charlie was alright, he checked her for any bruises or red marks Valeria might have left on her. "I'm fine, sir," Charlie mumbled. Ghost shook his head, "she put her hands on you, she said she wouldn't," Ghost growled.

He stood back up and watched as Charlie avoided eye contact. "You're safe, kid," he said before taking her to see the others. Soap ran over and instantly and did a double check on Charlie, "is she alright, LT?" Soap asked. Ghost nodded as he sat Charlie in a chair.

"You two worry too much about her, she's a soldier, let her do her work." Alejandro patted Charlie's back as she looked over at him. "She's a kid, Alejandro," Soap said. Only for Alejandro to shake his head, "no, she's a soldier," he said as he proceeded to find a location for where the missiles were. "There we are," he grinned. Charlie saw the location was in the middle of the ocean and her eyes widened. "Shit," she said.

"Something wrong, kid?" Soap asked in confusion. Charlie shook her head a bit, "I don't like the ocean, it freaks me the hell out," she mumbled. Soap let out a hardy laugh, "don't let yourself get too freaked out, you might fall off," he joked.

Charlie shivered at the thought of being in the middle of the ocean with no land surrounding her. She wasn't afraid of death or dying, but drowning? That sounds horrible. "Well, bad news, we board the boats in an hour minutes," Alejandro grinned.

Charlotte got up to go get suited up in her proper attire, she got into a vest and gear to keep her warm due to the rain outside, she never liked rain, or water for that matter. It always scared her due to previous experiences.

She looked down at her tactile gear and began to breath a bit heavily, the thought of water engulfing her until she couldn't breathe made her blood run cold. Then a thought came into her mind.

The things Valeria said...

"If you got killed they wouldn't give a damn!" She thought of this line over and over again, the feeling of fear within her began to calm down as she remember Soap and Ghost, two people who would rather die then see her be killed.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, standing in the doorway was Grace. "You okay, Charlie?" She asked. Charlie cleared her throat and nodded, "yes, I'm fine," she said in a very monotone voice. Grace walked over and sat beside her. "Do you listen to music?" Grace asked. Charlie nodded and put her gear down.

Grace pulled out a small cassette player out of her pocket, it looked old and most likely was found by Grace on a dead body. "I found this in my bag and thought of you," she smiled. Charlie looked and saw a small tape, in very fancy hand writing it said, 'Charlie'. When Charlie put the tape in and put the earbuds in she froze, listening to a song as Grace led her out towards the trucks that should deliver them to their boats.