25 Safe and Sound

Ghost stepped out of the car as the sounds of the crickets was louder then the silence between the group. Charlie stepped out of the truck and ran around the side, she threw her arms around Ghost and broke down in tears. Ghost froze as she cried, his arms gently wrapping around her as he hugged her back, a sense of calm washing over him as he hugged her.

"I'm sorry about any stupid thing I've ever done!" She said as Ghost shushed her softly. "You're safe, kid... nobody's gonna hurt you, not while me or Johnny are here," Ghost said as she nodded, he pulled away from their hug and wiped the tears off her face.

Soap carried Grace and felt a pain in his heart as he looked upon her pale face. "She doesn't look so good, LT," Soap stated. Ghost rushed over and took her from Soap. "Where are we?" Charlie asked. "Alejandro's safehouse... he gave me the location just in case," Ghost sighed.

"Why didn't he tell me?" Soap questioned, a bit offended. "It was need to know," Ghost said, "what if I needed to know?" Soap complained. "Shh!" Ghost held his hand up to silence Soap as Charlie got down on her knees. "Pressure plate, don't move," she said. "Alejandro rigged it," Ghost confirmed. "Smart bastard," Soap chuckled.

Charlie looked up and pointed to a window, "there," she said. Soap jumped in first, then Charlie did right after. They held up their weapons as Ghost carried Grace inside. Charlie froze as Ghost spotted a red light go onto Soap. "Don't move!" Ghost said as he threw a knife towards the area the light was coming from, hitting the wood. Charlie and Soap aimed their guns toward the area.

"¿Quién esta ahí? (Who's there?)" A voice called out. Soap recognized the voice and called out, "Rodolfo!" the man turned his head around the corner, "Soap!" Rodolfo said in confirmation. "Ghost! Charlie! You're alive!" Rodolfo saw them and smiled a bit in relief.

"Affirmative," Ghost nodded as the group met up. Rodolfo saw Grace in Ghost's arms and cringed a bit, "she doesn't look too good, there is medical supplies under a desk over there," Rodolfo stated as Ghost nodded, running over to a pile of hay and resting Grace down.

"Good to see you, amigos," Rodolfo said as Soap nodded, "Igual, amigo (same, friend)." Rodolfo looked at Ghost, "nice throw." Ghost nodded a bit and continued to help Grace. "Where were you guys?" Rodolfo asked. "On the run," Charlie answered. "Well, Charlie and I were on the run, Ghost waited for us," Soap corrected. "Of course, no?" Rodolfo asked. "No," Soap said. "Yes," Ghost interrupted, standing up and walking over.

"We're a team, all of us... this happened on my watch and I'll need help to fix it, no one fights alone," Ghost said as he looked towards the group, Charlie smiled a bit at Ghost. "Why did Graves turn?" Rodolfo asked. "We don't know, but a part of it has to do with Charlie," Soap stated as Charlie looked down towards the floor in shame, she didn't know what she was ashamed of, but she was ashamed.

"Las Almas can corrupt anyone," Rodolfo stated. "Not us," Soap said. "For now, General Sheperd, Laswell, and anyone outside of this room is considered a hostile." Ghost angrily said as Charlie's head perked up. She felt sad as she remembered someone important to her.

Gaz.

The man who helped her become the soldier and fighter she is...one of the only people she ever trusted before her life in 141 began. "With one exception," Ghost continued. "Alejandro?" Soap asked. "We need him back," Ghost confirmed.

"Ven (come)," Rodolfo said as the group followed him over to the table, he turned a lamp on as he spoke, "Graves is holding him here," Rodolfo points to a spot on a map. "His own personal black site prison," Soap shakes his head in disbelief . "My team is locked in there, too," Rodolfo adds in. "So how do we get him back?" Charlie asks. "By breaking in," Ghost stated. "And that's why I love the Ghost," Soap chuckled. Charlie giggled at Soap's comment.

"It's gonna take more than this," Ghost said while crossing his arms. Rodolfo walked behind the table and opened two barn doors, revealing a gun closet full of weapons and armor, "it's well stocked," he shrugs.

"Alright," Ghost says a bit in shock. "Rudy, we're gonna need new wheels," Charlie continues, "preferably up-armored." Rodolfo throws a pair of keys to Ghost as he flips on a switch, turning the lights in the barn on.

On the other side of the barn sat a armed vehicle. "Oh Fuck yeah!" Charlie shouted with pure joy in her voice, running over to the vehicle. "Alejandro thought of everything," Ghost chuckled. "Yeah...he did," Soap smiled.

"Let's go get him," Soap stated.

Just as they began to walk towards the vehicle a small voice spoke out. "Ghost...." Grace softly said. Ghost froze and turned his head towards her, his body compelled him to walk towards her now. "Gracie," he said, relief washing over him knowing she was alive.

His hands fell on the back of her head and her legs as he picked her up, carrying her off to a hay bale with the appearance of a bed. "Ghost....what happened?" She asked, blood covered her shirt as Ghost shushed her softly, "you got injured...you're safe now though...." He rested his hand on her cheek as she began to feel the pain set in. "Ghost...I can't move," she exhaled and shivered due to her condition. "I know...just...stay here... I'll be back soon...you'll be by yourself for a bit but I know you can do this" he comforted her as Soap, Charlie, and Rodolfo watched on.

"Promise me you'll come back," she grunted through her teeth as Ghost nodded, "I swear on my life, Gracie...get some rest," Ghost pushed some hair out of her face and kissed her forehead through the fabric of his mask.

Grace relaxed back against the hay and closed her eyes, falling back into a deep sleep. Ghost stood up and looked back at the three of them. "Let's get go get Alejandro," he stated.