23 Alone Prt 2

"I'll use it to cover their tracks and my own," Soap said, loading his gun. "Focus on yourself, Johnny," Ghost replied. "Do you do like me?" Soap chuckled. "I like you alive," Ghost sighed as Charlie wondered around, not allowed to touch anything other than her weapons.

Her hair was soaked from the rain, she wiped off some of the rain water from her face as she continued forward. A part of Charlie began to wonder off in her own mind as Soap continued to try and get inside a house.

Charlie's froze in place as she shakily exhaled. If she doesn't survive this, she won't be able to see any big life events of hers...

She's never be able to watch her brothers graduate from school, or become a well respected person in the military. She won't be able to get married or have kids....

"Charlie, how ya holdin' up?" Soap asked, only for her to snap out of her thoughts and nod. "I'm good, Soap, just a little nervous," Charlie replied and cleared her throat. "Aren't we all," Soap patted her back and went back to trying to get inside of the house.

In the corner there was a box, Charlie walked over and opened it. To her shock there was a first aid kit and some explosives inside. "Soap!" She shouted, looking inside the first aid kit and finding an adrenaline booster inside. She ran over to Soap and grabbed onto his arm. "It'll help you!" She shouted.

Soap's eyes widened as he grabbed the shot. He swiftly injected it into his neck. His eyes shot wide open as the adrenaline pumped through his body. "Good mornin', Mexico...!" He smiled as he felt his body feel rejuvenated.

Eventually, Charlie pushed her way inside of a house, Soap heard the sound of a tripwire go off and grabbed Charlie, pulling her to the side as a shotgun went off. "Fuckin' Christ!" Charlie said, avoiding death once again for the millionth time.

The two moved inside the house and Soap grabbed onto gun, taking it and grinning to himself. "Johnny, Graves is burning the midnight oil to find us...why?" Ghost asks as Soap and Charlie moved upstairs.

"Graves is involved... no matter what- this is an unprecedented amount of fuckery," Soap growled as he broke a door down. Charlie held onto her small pistol. "We have to get to the bottom of this," Charlie said as she followed Soap down a long hallway. "Accurate and deadly fire tends to resolve these things, but for now we're not safe here," Ghost replied. "Right now...we're not safe anywhere, LT," Soap said as Charlie and him searched for any supplies they could use.

"What did Shepherd tell you guys about me?" Charlie questioned. "Only that you were on the same level as Ghost," Soap replied, created a trip mine with a mouse trap. "No? I'm not even as good as some of the men you boys fight alongside.... People just came up to me one day and suddenly I was apart of this damn task force," Charlie replied, which made Soap freeze.

"So he had you join....why?" He asked, Charlie shrugged. "If I knew that I would be thrown into this deathtrap I would've denied being in the task force..." Charlie looked down as she spoke. Soap began to get suspicious of Shepherd even more.

"So you don't have the same level of intelligence or fighting as us, you're under the legal age to be in this task force, and you were just thrown into the group?" Soap asked. "Why would he tell you guys these things?? I know how to fight and how to take people down easily but I'm not on the same level as you assholes," Charlie said as she looked at Soap.

"Bloody bastard lied to us," Soap growled as the two continued forward throughout the hallway. While entering a room Charlie stoped moving as she saw the body of a young boy in a room full of toys, the TV was turned to static and as Soap walked in he remained quiet, he put his arm around Charlie and walked her towards the exit door.

As Soap opened the door a man fell through, he was gasping for air and crawled towards Charlie and Soap. She gasped and watched the man desperately crawl towards them. "We can't help him," Soap said as he cleared his throat, trying to hide the fact that he too wanted to help this poor man.

As they continued moving forward Soap was able to create a trip mine. "LT, I'm about to play dirty with the Shadows," Soap said. "I like the sound of that," Ghost said, by the way he spoke he clearly had a grin on his face, "a man after my own heart."

Charlie smiled, "you have a heart?" Charlie joked. "A cold one," Ghost replied as he let out a sigh.

"Give me an update," Ghost demanded, "found a shotgun near a tripwire and took it, moved upstairs," Soap said. "Open hearts and minds with it, Johnny," Ghost said as the boys joked.

Charlie walked into a coffee shop that connected between itself and the house. "We're in the coffee shop," Soap said into his radio. "Get us a tea," Ghost stated as Soap rolled his eyes, "fucking Brits..." he groaned. Charlie laughed and smiled, "watch it, Scottish boy," she giggled.

"Ghost you're gonna owe me for this," Johnny states, "whys that?" Ghost asked. "We're fixing each others problems," Soap continued. "What's my problem?" Ghost asked once more, "the mask, take it off," Soap chuckled. Ghost smiled a bit, "show my face? negative."

"Are you ugly?" Soap asked.

"Quite the opposite," Ghost chuckled.

Soap smiled to himself, "I doubt that."

Charlie groaned a bit, "will you two quit having a bromance and focus the task at hand?" Charlie smiled as she spoke, Soap chuckled as he and Charlie made their way to the first floor.

Charlie listened to the men speak, she held her blade tightly and watched as a lone Shadow left his group, she grinned at the sight of it. "Johnny, there are tunnels leading to the church, be advised, it's flooded so prepare for a cold swim," Ghost stated.

As Soap hid behind a wall to avoid contact with the Shadows, Charlie hopped through a window and began to sneak behind a man, she walked up to him and covered his mouth with her hand before slitting his throat. She stood over him and watched him gasp for air as the blood drained from his neck. The last thing that Shadow ever saw was Charlie with a satisfied look in her eyes before succumbing to his ultimate demise.

"Charlie! Over here!" Soap shouted as the two made their way towards a pub. They crossed through buildings to enter and once Charlie opened the door the scenery calmed her down. "LT, we're at a bar," Soap said into his radio. "You like tequila?" Ghost asked. "Nope, tastes like dog piss," he states, "got a tactical use for dog piss?" Soap finished with a question. "Wolf hunting, they follow the scent," Charlie interrupted, Ghost let out a hardy chuckle.

"You hunt, Charlie?" Soap asked. "Yup, my dad used to take me when I was younger... he grew up in the U.S." Charlie smiled at the thought of her father. She remembered all of the things he taught her, he taught her to fight and how to use a gun. He was ex-military so he knew how to do these types of things, so he was able to give that information to his daughter.

Soon they were able to make contact with the tunnels, but not without a fight. Charlie opened fire on some men as they both hopped a balcony. Charlie side between the eyes and shot multiple Shadows down, "SOAP! GO!" She shouted as the two ran towards tunnel barriers.