29 Reunion

A familiar face grabs her hand and pulls her up. Standing there was non other than Captain Price, "good to see you alive and well, kid," he said as Charlie nodded. "Thank you, Captain," she smiled as Price patted her shoulder. "Garrick, Price," Ghost said to greet them. Charlie heard the name 'Garrick' and turned her head, looking directly at Gaz

"Gaz!" She shouted, dropping her hostage to the floor and running towards her friend. "Fuckin' hell!" He smiled as Charlie threw her arms around him, a sense of relief washed over her as she felt safe once again. "I thought you were dead! Or worse, I thought you betrayed us!" She cried as Gaz shook his head, "never, I would never," his voice cracked a bit as he felt tears form in his eyes. Charlie let a few tears fall as she refused to let her friend go.

Eventually the two broke their hug apart and Charlie looked at both Gaz and Price, "how'd you know?" She asked. "Laswell," Gaz replied. "Soon as Shepherd went dark, she called us," Price stated as Ghost nodded, "Laswell... still solid as a rock," he said as Charlie helped Soap pull Los Vaqueros members up from the ropes. She grabbed her hostage again before greeting her friends.

"Colonel Vargas, meet captain Price and Sargent Garrick," Soap introduced them. "Thanks for the assist, my men need cover fire," Alejandro stated. Price nodded, "Gaz, Soap, Ghost, Cunningham- overwatch, now." Price commanded. Charlie was not used to people calling her by her last name now, she simply nodded and held her hostage down by stepping one foot on his back and shooting at people.

"Charlie?? What the fuck is he doing here??" Gaz questioned as Charlie shrugged, "I've got questions, he has answers," she simply stated as Gaz chuckled. "I missed you, kid," Gaz smiled as he ruffled with the top of her hair. Charlie smiled and continued to open fire on some men as Gaz assisted her.

"Vehicles coming! Left side!" Price shouted as Ghost shouted towards Soap, "Soap! Detonate that one!" Ghost yells as Soap detonates the vehicles, this time with no funny come back. "Weapons on that tower! Use 'em!" Price shouted to Soap as he left his position. "Where's Keller?" Gaz asked Ghost, who simply froze and looked at Gaz, "she got shot, we have her located in a safehouse," he stated as Price became shocked, "fuckin' Christ," he sighed as he continued to open fire.

"Steamin' Jesus, look at this," Soap stated as he tossed a gun to Charlie, "let's fuck these guys up, Sargent," she smiled as they both used grenade launchers on the men below them. "Friendly's on the ropes! Once they're up, we're pulling out!" Gaz shouts as Los Vaqueros members continue to climb the ropes.

"Let's get the fuck out of here, hermanos!" Alejandro shouts as Charlie grabs her hostage. "You're a quiet one, aren't ya?" she scoffs while trying to scare him. The boy only kept his head down and closes his eyes, not wanting to know what these people wanted with him. "Down the wall! WE ARE LEAVING!" Price yells as Charlie helps get her captive down the rope. Soap and Price follow her soon after and she runs towards a truck, "those two are ours," Price points to a truck as Charlie follows her men. "Rodolfo, you take the truck we came with!" Soap said as Rodolfo nods and runs off.

"Captain, follow me!" Alejandro says as Price tosses a pair of keys to Gaz, "copy that, Gaz, drive!" He states Gaz nods, "on it! This is us!" He shouts to Ghost, Soap, and Charlie. The group boards the truck as Charlie pushed her hostage inside. Price loads in the truck as Gaz starts the truck.

"Shepherd burned us," Ghost growled as Soap replied, "he sent Graves and his Shadows to kill us and round up Los Vaqueros." "We know why," Price responds. "Laswell did a bit of digging," Gaz added in from the front seat. "What did she find?" Charlie asked. "The truth," Price sighed.

~~~~

Everything was a lie. Graves and Shepherd were the reason those missiles got stolen. It was a black bag operation, his men were transporting them before being overrun by Russian soldiers and Hassan's men. Everything was a lie and due to this little fuck up, but Shepherd needed some extra men.

But he knew nobody was willing to help him, so he came up with a new plan. Have gullible parents to send their teenage children into his "military training camp" and train them all to be ruthless killers and member of Shadow Company.

Charlie walked into an empty room, her hostage was tied to a chair and he was horrified by the situation. She pushed the door shut and walked over to him, getting down to his level. "What do you know about Shepherd's plans with us?" She asked him simple. The boy looked at Charlie and cooperated in order to survive, "he got parents from Britain and the United States to agree to send their kids to a camp where they would be trained for the military...but in reality it was a plot to pick out the most valuable and strongest soldiers for Shepherd to fix his fuck up," the boy began.

Charlie listened in shock to this...her parents were the one who signed her up for this in the first place...? "Go on," she said with anger in her eyes. "Shepherd only picked out 10 kids out of 1000...non of them survived except me and...and you," the kid said with fear in his eyes.

"Is that so?" Charlie asked, crossing her arms as she looked at the boy. "Why would Shepherd want me dead?" She asked again. He stayed silent at this question, his face only began to turn pale as Charlie pulled out a pistol from her pocket. The boy was quick to respond after this. "Because his plan backfired after all of the kids died! His message to Commander Graves was to end your life because of how dangerous you had become while in 141!" The boy shouted as Charlie's blood began to boil.

Charlie laughed. She didn't know how else to react to this information, so it was the first thing she could think to do. "Fuck this! Fuck everything! This is so fucked up!" She shouted, pacing back and fourth while listening to the boy talk about this situation. "There were 9 of us... you were the tenth and the only one sent to work for the 141,"  the boy finished his explanation as Charlie stormed out of the room, trying to process what the fuck just happened.

Ghost sat by the bedside of Grace as she slowly began to wake up. Her wound had been treated well enough for her to make a recovery. "Simon...?" She questioned softly as Ghost nodded, "I told ya you'd be fine," he said under his mask as she smiled. Grace slowly began to sit up as Ghost shook his head. "No, rest," he said as she sighed. "I've rested for a day and a half, I think I'm alright," she said as Ghost held her hand. She felt how warm his hands were and relaxed more. The pain had subsided a bit as Ghost held her hand tightly, making sure she was stable.

"Help me up, please," she said as Ghost did so, he handed a pair of small wooden crutches over to her that would support her while walking. "Best I could do, sorry," he said as Grace smiled, "they're perfect, Simon," she said with a smile as Ghost rested his hand on her back.