14 Capture

Charlie's eyes opened as Ghost continued to look through his scope. She sat up a bit and looked at Ghost, who was enraged, he breathed heavily through his mask as he watched something through the scope of his sniper.

"Lieutenant?" Charlie questioned. Ghost snapped out of it and looked over at Charlie, "what," the man replied. "Are they done?" She asked with a yawn, only to Ghost to shake his head slowly.

"What we're you looking at? You seemed mad," Charlie asked again. "Full of questions today, are we?" Ghost looked over at Charlie as the girl let out a small laugh.

But Ghost didn't laugh....

"They're beating, Grace," he said, Charlie's eyes widened as he said that. "What?" Charlie questioned, she was very concerned at this point and grabbed her scope. She looked though it only to see an absolutely deplorable sight before her.

The man punched Grace, "you're a tough cookie to crack, eh?" A man said, wiping her blood off of his knuckles.

Grace spit out blood from her mouth and began to get dizzy, but she stayed awake as Valeria watched her men try to beat information out of Grace.

The pain was small compared to other things the poor woman had to go through, which is why she could handle it.

"I'll put a bullet through your head, Puta!" (Bitch) the man said, pulling out a gun and putting it to Grace's forehead.

Valeria looked at the two and Grace stared at the gun in front of her. "Pull the trigger," Valeria began.

As Valeria walked away she hummed a bit to herself. Her phone began to rang and she picked up, "hello?....yes.....the shipment should arrive on schedule..." just as Valeria spoke a man came in frantically beginning to beg Valeria for her to leave in case of danger, only for her to cuss him out.

Valeria continued to speak over the phone as her men tried to get her to listen to them. One man left Grace to go tell Valeria they need to leave. Grace sighed in relief a bit once the gun was off her head.

"Let's move," Valeria said as she hung up the phone. She picked up a gun and loaded it before pointing it at Grace, "well...it's been fun..." she grinned.

As she was about to pull the trigger the doors busted open, in came Soap and Alejandro loaded with guns.

Valeria saw them and gasped before dropping her gun and running away. Grace opened her eyes to see her friends and smiled, realizing she was alive.

"Soap! Follow her out back! I've got Keller!" Alejandro shouted before Soap left, he ran out the door to find Valeria.

Alejandro leaned over and began to untie Grace. "Gracias, amigo," (thank you, friend) Grace said, Alejandro nodded and picked her up, he carried her outside onto the roof where Valeria was being detained by Soap.

"El Sin Nombre..." Soap said. "Me llamo Valeria!" (My name is Valeria!) Valeria replied. "Hidin' in plain sight?" Soap continued.

Alejandro put an injured Grace down as she slowly walked over to Soap and putting a hand on his shoulder, "good work, Sargent..." she said as Valeria was escorted onto the helicopter being driven by the Shadows.

"Hermano, que pasa?" (Brother... what's up?) Soap asked, Alejandro stared at Valeria before speaking, "Valeria... I know her." Alejandro shouted towards Soap and Grace.

"They've got her, Lieutenant!" Charlie smiled, Ghost instantly got up and packed his gun up before doing the same with Charlie's guns. "Grab your shit, let's get out of her, kid," Ghost said, he began to walk away as Charlie began to follow him like a lost puppy, excited to play with a new chew toy...

~~~~

The car ride back was a bit awkward. Ghost drove the car while Charlie sat in the passenger's seat and enjoyed the scenery of Mexico. The truck was quiet until Charlie broke the silence.

"Do you got a family, LT?" Charlie asked, Ghost didn't respond. "I've got 3 brothers....and my mum I guess..." Charlie continued, leaning back in the seat.

"You don't like her?" Ghost asked. Charlie shrugged, "I don't hate her...but I don't love her either..." Charlie mumbled the last part.

"Why's that?" Ghost asked once more, but he instantly regretted it after Charlie went on a tangent.

"Well, she made me drop out of school to take care of the kids she decided to have... she's addicted to drugs and refuses help or get clean... and she's been dating the same guy for 8 years..." Charlie finished, her voice began to get a bit Momo tone when she talked about her moms boyfriend.

Charlie began to feel uneasy at the thought of him, she curled into a ball in her seat and looked out the window. "You're not with them now, Charlie... you're with us now," Ghost said, trying to cheer her up.

Charlie nodded a bit and looked down, "I'm a bad person, sir," Charlie mumbled. Ghost froze up for a second before looking at the girl. "What makes you say that?" Ghost replied. Charlie just shook her head a bit, "I've got secrets..."

"You're not a bad person, if anything you're the most sane in this task force," Ghost scoffed. Charlie looked over at Ghost and nodded, "are we friends, LT?"

Ghost sighed and looked at Charlie, "whatever floats your boat, kiddo," he said. Charlie smiled and nodded a bit, leaning back in her seat as they drove back to Alejandro's base.