15 Prove Herself

(AN: hey guys! Before we start this story I wanted to let you know that soon I am going to make another version of this story...the story will take place in the original modern warfare games and will involve both Charlie and Grace. If you want to see that then let me know!

Thanks! Enjoy the story!!)

As soon as Ghost and Charlie got into the base she met up with Soap, she smiled when she realized he was okay and he was alive and breathing. She walked over and hugged the man. Soap was taken a back for a second but hugged her, Charlie gave him a sense of a familial bond.

To Soap, Charlie reminded him a lot of himself. Almost like his sister. He noticed her exhaustion from the day and patted her shoulder a bit, it was a way of saying he was proud of her. Charlie, go rest, we'll interview Valeria in the morning..." Alejandro said, standing up from his chair.

Charlie nodded and walked off, heading towards the bathroom as she yawned. She decided to take a shower to wash off the dirt on her face and afterwards she began to walk down the hallway towards her barracks room.

"After this mission we're sending her home....I don't care if she should keep training because she's too young..." Ghost stated over his radio. Charlie put her ear to the door, on the other end of the radio was Laswell.

"Lieutenant Riley, she has proven herself capable, to be fair I don't agree with it but she's strong and just as smart as you men," Laswell replied. Grace's voice could also be heard in the room.

"I am not a babysitter, I want that kid out of this task force and out of my hair," Simon growled a bit.

"Simon, have you seen how capable she is of taken down those men? She's loyal and a fantastic fighter, that's what makes a good soldier," Grace stated. The sound silence filled the air before Laswell spoke up, "take care of her for the rest of the mission, then we'll talk. Laswell turned her radio off as Ghost stood up.

"Si.... Don't do this," Grace said, Ghost walked to the door and opened it. Charlie gasped a bit and looked up at the scary man. She could feel the tears prick into her eyes as she began to shake a bit.

The two stared at each other for a second before Charlie ran off, "damn it..." Ghost sighed, watching Charlie run off and looked back at Grace.

"I told you, keep it to yourself for now," she said before standing up and walking over to him, Grace used her left hand to pat his back a bit and her right hand to close the door.

Charlie ran through the halls, ignoring all of Alejandro's soldiers as she left the main building, she ran down the street the barracks building. She found a metallic ladder leading to the roof and began to climb it, eventually making it to the roof and sitting there.

All she could think about was what Ghost said...was she really that difficult to deal with? That people felt like they had to babysit her? Was she that much of a burden to these people who she considered her friends?

Soon enough a search began for her. She watched below as people began to look around base for her, as the sun began to set she noticed Ghost also looking around, Grace was at his side with a nervous look as they both searched an area.

Graves and some of his men searched another area, Graves seemed a bit more desperate then the others...which was odd...

Alejandro and Rodolfo led their own men to look on the outskirts of the base. All Charlie could think about was why she was so important? After all...she was just some dumb kid...right...?

The sound of the metallic ladder squeaking caused her head to turn around, standing there was Soap, his flashlight made contact with her and he sighed in relief.

He froze when he saw her puffy red eyes and the tears running down her face.

"Kid?" Soap softly said, he climbed up onto the roof fully and walked over, they sat there in silence for a bit. Soap sat down next to her and let his legs dangle off the roof. "You're special, ya know," he said softly.

Charlie sniffled a bit before shaking her head, "I don't want to be special," she wiped a tear before pulling her legs up to her chest, resting her head in her knees as she tried to stop crying. "I want to be normal, like you guys," she cried softly.

Soap watched her cry and felt a pit in his stomach, he hated this, he hated every second of her suffering. The silence between them was so loud. Charlie froze when she felt Soap hug her, she began to sniffle more as she didn't know what to do.

She wasn't used to being comforted.... Whenever she cried her mother made her get over it but with the 141 she was allowed to show her human self...

"I...I don't want to go home," Charlie cried, she turned her body to face Soap as she cried against his shoulder. Soap held her in his arms as if she was his own kid and nodded softly, "you don't have to, kid...you don't have to,"

The search got called off once Soap returned her to the group. After a scolding from Graves, Rodolfo making sure she was mentally okay she went to bed.

As she walked down the hallway of the barracks she heard the sound of footsteps behind her. Charlie turned her head to see Ghost, his eyes looked a bit remorseful. "Kid...look," he sighs, Charlie avoided eye contact and instead just kept walking, ignoring Ghost as he watched her walk away.

"I didn't mean it," he said at her from down the hallway. Charlie stopped mid walk and turned her head to the side slowly, "you're forgiven," she said before walking off.

Ghost stood there for a moment before shaking his head slightly and walking the opposite way. Charlie walked to her bed and laid down, preparing herself to interview Valeria...she had a new mission...

Prove herself...