bonus scene 5

Jungkook

(it's been a years since bonus scene 4, and he's had enough of waiting)

"I've gathered you here today because of a really important matter."

Taehyung and Wooshik exchange glances.

"What matter?" Taehyung asks.

I sit on the coffee table in front of them. Yeeun's doing something with her dad today, so I'm using an opportunity to have this talk. A talk that can't damn wait anymore.

"You know... when you've known someone your whole life, a benefit is that you know them really well. But a drawback is that you feel like you can't do anything impressive anymore."

"Where is this going?" Wooshik asks.

Taking a deep breath in, I stand up and reach into my back pocket. Circling the table, I take what I have from my pocket and put it down on the coffee table. Exhaling, I look at them and lift my hand.

They move at the same time – damn soulmates – looking at me, at the ring on the table, back at me.

Taehyung smiles. "Really?"

I nod. "It's been forever. It's an insult we're on the 'boyfriend-girlfriend' stage," I say. "Here's the issue, though. How do I ask?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Wooshik asks, leaning back.

"No? That's why I called you here?"

"It's not about the how, but where. And there are two possible answers, Jungkook," he says. "One, somewhere special for you two. Two, the place you met for the first time."

Taehyung widens his eyes. "Yes. The place you met. That would be so cool."

I knew they'd be of help. I was overthinking it too much.

"And what? I just ask?"

"That's up to you," Taehyung says. "Depends how you feel about it. Just say whatever you feel like she needs to hear. You, out of all people, shouldn't have a problem with it."

"Yeah, right." I sigh. "I'm overthinking it. It's gonna happen once. I think I just... want it to be perfect."

"It will be. So stop doubting yourself."

"I'm not-"

"You are."

"Okay, maybe a little bit."

"Quit it. You know her best. You'll know how to make it perfect," Taehyung says. "The... proposal oh my God, it's actually happening."

"Have you planned the wedding already?" Wooshik asks.

"I thought about it," I say. "But I haven't made any decisions. I can't make them alone."

"Do I have to fight Hoseok for the best-man spot?" Taehyung asks.

"Yeah, I'll set up a game for the two of you. Jungkook-trivia. A quiz about me."

"Can we bet?" Wooshik asks. "I'm putting a million for Hoseok."

"Fuck you," Taehyung says, but laughing. "Don't you know this saying? Keep your friends close, but enemies closer? That means I know Jungkook better than anyone else."

"What weird obsession did I have in elementary school?" I ask.

He looks me dead in the eye and answers without hesitation. "Color blue. And dry spaghetti."