Chapter 20

Gabriella

"Please let me pick him uppp..." Nova begged me. I usually pick Nick up from kindergarten on his birthday and any day really. Nova usually works late hours. But she's been begging me all day to let her pick him up and surprise him.

"Fine! Just get out of my hair I need to make this cake." I say frustrated by her already.

"Thank you, baby! I love you!" She says and runs to get ready.

The front door of the apartment opens and in walks Nova's mom. "Hey, sweetheart." She says and kisses my cheek.

"Hey Astrid, how was last night?" I ask her. She has been starting to date around and went on a date last night.

A big smile breaks out on her face and she sits up on the counter. So that's where Nova got it from, good to know. "Amazing! It was incredible. I loved every second of it. They were interesting and kind and considerate. It was everything I ever wished for." She says dreamily.

I laugh at her. "I had the same feeling when I started dating Nova. Don't let them go." I say.

"I've invited them." She says. "To meet my daughter, daughter-in-law, and grandson for his birthday." She says. "That's alright with you, right? They're on their way. I believed it would be better for you to meet them before Nova of Nicholas."

"That's perfectly fine! I'd love to meet the person who stole your heart and healed it." I say teasing her. She laughs and kicks her legs back and forth like a lovesick teenage girl. "That's one hell of a crush ain't it?" I ask her with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, it is..." She says with a smile on her face. "They're here I'll go let them in."She says and jumps off the counter.

I hear the door open and Astrid walks back with a tall feminine figure behind her. "Gabi this is Ray. Rayray this is my daughter-in-law." She introduced. I take my time to study them. They were taller than Astrid, their face natural and stone cold. They have short black hair that is up in a ponytail showing off their undercut. Their jaw is quite sharp but, they didn't give off any dominant vibes or anything, I didn't tense up I didn't immediately start panicking looking for Nova. Nothing.

They are not dominant. I'll be sure to question Astrid about that later. "Nice to meet you, Ray," I say and give them a smile as I am making my son's cake. "You can hang out here or go out to the pool," I said.

We moved apartments when Nick was a year and a half. We now have a penthouse and we have a pool and it's way bigger, it's everything I could have ever asked for. Astrid nods and takes her partner to the pool as I put the cake in the oven, I go upstairs to get my swimsuit on.

I chose my colour matching blue and black bikini as it's Nova's favourite and not too revealing. The bottoms are black and high-waisted they're also a thong and the top is black and blue. It covers what needs to be covered and lifts what needs to be lifted. I then slid on my swimwear cover and walked back to the kitchen to get everything ready.

A few minutes later Nova walks in with a very happy Nick. He runs up to me and I hug him kissing all over his cute little face. "Mommy! You look really beautiful Mommy." He says as he plays with my braids.

"Thank you, my love. You look really good too." I smell him and take him up to his room. "You need a change mister," I say kissing him. "Who's my beautiful little boy?" I tickle him.

"I not little!" He says as I lay him on the changing table after choosing a swimsuit for him. "I big. I 4 today" He says and shows me 3 fingers. I help him fix it to 4.

"Right, you are! You're so big!" I say making him giggle. I change his diaper and slide on his waterproof diaper and his swim trunks. "Go to Grandma Astrid, love," I say and let him down. He runs down the stairs and I hear Nova lecturing him about how he could have broken something and to be careful.

I come down the stairs and walk over to my wife. "Hey, wifey... Oooo Hello to you too sexy..." She says looking at my breasts. I giggle at her but kiss her nonetheless. "I love you"

"I love you too" I kiss her again and walk over to check on my cake. I look at her play with our sun and find myself smiling like an idiot.

that's my wife... It may have been arranged, but I adore my arranged wife...

THE END

←↑↓→←↑↓→←↑↓→←↑↓→←↑↓→

Finally! Finished it! Woohoo!!
-Alex