ᴰᵃᵈ!

³ʳᵈ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ

Whilst the attack on Tara took place Sadie was busying herself with her dad.

"Dad!" Sadie groans, the two was watching TV whilst eating take-out. The two was left laughing at each others actions, actually bonding.

"Sadie stop!" The man giggled like a child, his daughter throwing countless things at him. The show long forgotten and getting revenge took over both of their minds.

They both blocked the fries and burger wrappers that had been thrown at one another, laughing as some did manage to hit. A fry bounce off Sadies nose and they both stopped.

Dewey stiffled a laugh, hiding his face at the absolute terrifying look that settling on his daughters face.

"I cannot believe you." She mumbled, faking her anger, seeing the taken back look on her fathers face made her second guess her reaction. Guilt riddling within his face, he was quick to apoligize.

"Awe, Jesus. I'm sorry, kiddo" he offered her a napkin, she smiled and tackled the man. Pouring sauce over his face. He laughed, struggling against her grip.

"Okay, okay, okay, you win" he pleaded. She ignored his pleads, deciding to tickle the man as he cried out.

"Sadie! Sadie! I can't, my stomach can't handle it!" He laughed. Seemingly satisfied with his reaction Sadie let go of the man.

"Damn, your strong" he rubbed his wrist. Sadie shrugged it off and began to talk about something different.

"How was your mom's?" Dewey then asked, Sadie stopped for a moment, thinking about what he actually asked.

"Its was fine. Nothing special" Sadie lied. In all honestly, she had more fun with with her mom. She had both of their ways, being a perfect mix of the two. She had her mothers ways, already wanted more out of life, always thinking of the next step. However, leveling out her personality came Dewey, she wasn't the brightest in some aspects, always tripping over and finding some aspects of life difficult. Sadie also knew about the countess amounts of empty beer cans in their trash Dewey had though she hadn't notice, and the stuble on his neck that he had always cut before going out. The divorce was hard on the Rileys, Gale leaving to pursue her career and leaving the two for a while, the Gale took Dewey to court for visitation rights over Sadie. Ever since then Sadie had spent 2 weeks with her mom and the other with her dad. Putting a stran on all relationships she had made in woodsboro and making Gales attempts of forgiveness void with the limited amount of time they shared together. Sadie was of course proud of her mom for being the famous writer and reporter that she was and she idolised her fathers work of the sheriff and how he decided to give all his time on making sure she had a good childhood. But Sadie wasn't a child anymore and she noticed things.

"That sucks. I always thought you loved New York." Dewey mumbled, beginning to pick up the trash that had spread across the floor.

"Nothing compares to our food fights" Sadie smiled at the man. The smile that spread across the man's face could have been seen across the world, it shined and he nodded in approval.

"Yeah, they're fun" he laughed, bending down and groaning like the old man that he had became over the years.

"I love you dad." Sadie said before leaving the trailer. Dewey always thought of himself as a failure, never being good enough for Gale, drinking so much he'd forget the day of the week, making his daughter live in a trailer when all of her friends lived in lovely warm housed that they shared memory's in. The only memory Dewey thought Sadie and him shared was the one night he got drunk and couldn't move off the sofa so Sadie had to help him. That was one of his biggest shames, letting his daughter- his world, his reason to live see him like that. Sadie pretending she didn't remember, assured him whatever it was that made him feel down that she wouldn't have held it against him, that was true, Dewey was Sadies hero.

Sadie pushed open the trailer door, it wouldn't budge at first but with her shoulder and a hushed groan the door finally opened. She walked out into the open space. The sun had settled long ago, the stars shimmer and shined down on everyone that lived beneath them. Sadie loved the stars, she often took Tara on late date nights were they'd just look at the stars whilst listening to songs they though reminded them of their relationship. Holding hands as the moon hung above the couple, gracing them with the appearance of peace within themselves. Sighing contently to herself she propped the door close, only leaving when she heard the faint click of the lock.

She tredded along the footpath her dad had made with his car tires. She doubled checked if she had her phone, feeling around her pockets she felt it vibrate against her hand. The screen lit her face up in the dark, guiding her way to the old tree swing.

Tara
How's your night?

Sades
Boring you?

Tara
Lonely

Sades: typing

Tara
Wanna come over and teach me how to kiss?

Sadies brain might as well have short circuited reading that. Her hands became sweaty and her chest swelled up.

"Fucking bitch" Sadie mumbled, typing back. Sadie was obsessed with Tara, she loved the ground the girl walked on, with that she always had the need to be around her. But right now she needed to spend time with her dad, knowing how sad he was.

They messaged back and forth for a little while. Leaving it after Sadie message that Tara was hers and only hers. Smirking at the message she slide her phone into her pocket in her hoodie. The hoodie had Tara's initials ingrained on the sleeve, a gift off Tara on their one year anniversary. Smiling at the small message in black. Sadie soon got disinterested in the sleeve and decided to have a quick smoke, considering she wasn't allowed one at her mom's place she had been aching for one for a while.

The girl lit up a cigarette whilst aimlessly scrolling through Instagram, smiling at the picture of her bestfriend- Mindy- posting about a new film she had just went and see, clicking heart she began to scroll again.

Bordering the line of sanity the girl groaned, enhailing the spoke and exhaling a moment after, repeating the process a few more times until she felt the buzz kick In. She grew bored once again, deciding to see what she had posted on her own account.

Straight away you could tell who Sadies muse was, Tara Carpenter was everywhere. Pictures of them kissing, them watching films, holding hands, watching the stars, eating food, beach trips, everything they did was digitalised and broadcasted on Sadies Instagram, for everyone to see and envy the love the two girls shared.

After watching reel after reel Sadie found herself dwelling on the past. A habit she had though she'd shed, apparently not. When she was nine, her baby sitter kirby had been murdered by her bestfriend Jill. It made her sick remembering the weeks of how the girl and- Charlie- had haunted the streets of Woodsboro all for fame. She couldn't image doing something so selfish, so evil, for somethings as silly as fame. Shaking off the feeling she kicked her legs off the tree.

Then, she heard a ruffling in the bushes behind her. Shaking off the nauseating feeling that dawned her from the unfamiliar sence of someone watching her she grabbed her phone and turned on the flash, darting it around the area the noise came from.

She didn't see anything and the noise stopped. It must have been all in her head, the girl thought carrying on her journey.

Unaware of her dangerous surroundings. A person dressed all in black, white ghost mask glued to their face watched and praied on the ginger girl who walked into her trailer like nothing had just happened.

Like her girlfriend wasn't being attacked by another ghost masked physco, or that her days were out numbered.

"Hey dad-" was all the masked person heard before leaving to prepare their next move on the group of teens that would soon regreat having a too friendly personality.

A/N

Breaking my own heart writing about Dewey