I flinched as Doctor Evans rubbed the cold jelly-like substance on my lower abdomen.

"Alright, Alani, if you look at the screen, you can see your little embryo is still very tiny. You're officially 5 weeks pregnant today." She explained while pointing at the screen.

The screen was black and grey, I couldn't see much. Just a little circle which I'm assuming is where the baby will grow.

"Your baby is the size of an orange seed at the moment and the heart has already started to form. You see this tube right here," She pointed and I was at a loss for words. "This connects you to your baby." It's crazy how a woman's body can create a whole other human being.

"I'll give you some brochures you can read just to get yourself informed." She reached over into a drawer and handed me some brochures. "Stay away from uncooked meat and eggs, raw fish and try to cut back on the caffeine."

Doctor Evans went on to explain more about what's to come during my pregnancy and gave me my due date: March 2020.

Looks like you might be a Pisces like your daddy.

After the appointment, I took a walk around the maternity ward just to familiarise myself with the area since I'll be coming here often.

As I exited the maternity unit, I saw Klay coming out of a doctors office with crutches on. His eyebrow rose in confusion as he laid his eyes on me. I quickly shoved all the brochures into my bag.

"What are you doing here?" He wrapped one of his arms around me as we hugged.

"Came to see a doctor. I wasn't feeling too good."

Klay nodded. "You look amazing though."

"Thanks, Thompson." I winked and Klay blushed, as usual.

"If you're up for it, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?" He suggested.

"That sounds nice. You can tell me all about this knee injury."

Klay and I got into our separate cars and I followed behind him as he led us to a American brassiere called Wood Tavern in Oakland.

It wasn't packed but you know how much attention athletes attract. That could change in a couple of minutes.

"So, what were you doing at the hospital?" I asked as we sat down.

"I scheduled my knee surgery today." He cleared his throat. "It's scheduled for next Tuesday."

"I'm sure you'll be okay, Klay." I notice his nervousness.

"I've never had a serious injury like this before. I've always been really consistent on the court. I just don't know how I'll come back from this." He looked down and started playing with his fingers.

"Hey," I grabbed his hands. "You know I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

He smiled warmly. "I know. Just don't let Steph hear you say that."

"Klay, don't start that shit again."

"I'm serious. He legit looked like he wanted to kill me when I was talking to you at the hotel that day." He explained.

"He's just protective over me, that's all." I defended.

"Where is he anyway? I haven't seen him in a while."

"You know how he is. He had the annual Curry Camp and now he's in Charlotte, playing in a golf tournament. I swear that man is good at everything."

"Your eyes light up when you talk about him." Klay noted and suddenly I felt nervous.