Xiaoman's father was also called to do this job when he was alive before. It would be convenient if he was assigned to his own village, but it was decided by lottery.

    A group of people poured into the yard, and the yamen guard with a knife walking in front said fiercely: "The tax has been paid! Can you prepare the money?"

    Du Heng and Qin Xiaoman went out and asked a few people to sit down.

    "Where should you sit? I'm busy with official business. There are so many households in a village. If every household procrastinates, when will your village pay!" Du Heng said politely, but when he saw the person's arrogant

    appearance, he let him go. It depends on whether people sit or not, and those who do business will pay taxes.

    Seeing that tax money and silver had been prepared, the leading yamen servant stopped yelling and waited for the two bookkeepers to check the household registration status, while the bookkeeper next to him began to count the large strings of copper coins that had been brought over.

    Several people have not spoken, and others dare not disturb.

    After the copper coins were counted, the yamen's bookkeeper and account manager exchanged glances.

    Qin Xiaoman stood at the side, he raised his eyebrows slightly, and hurriedly stepped forward to stuff half a sling of money into the hands of the yamen's servant, and asked politely: "It's starting to get cold in Lindong these days, it's hard for you adults to go to the village to collect taxes, We peasants can do nothing to relieve the worries of the adults, so we can only invite a few adults to have some tea."

    Then he said: "I don't know if my cousin will go to the village to collect taxes this time.

    " Traceily put the money into his sleeves, his tone was a little more gentle than before, and asked: "Who is your cousin?" "

    Ah, my cousin is the chief bookkeeper, Qin Zhiyan."

    "Oh, it was Lord Qin ." Account book, Mr. Qin has never been to the countryside this time, and I am afraid that it will be hard work to add up and reconcile the account books in the county government." The account

    manager next to him also became polite: "It turns out that I received taxes from Master Qin's hometown. A total of 880 essays, the number is correct. It really is the relatives of Lord Qin, who cooperate with the official affairs of the county government so much." "Your

    Excellency is serious, this is what ordinary people like us do."

    "Yes, if every family is like my brother's family, then the affairs of the court will be easier to handle. We are still busy taking in other houses, so we won't stay any longer. Let us leave." Qin Xiaoman said carefully: "Go slowly, officials.

    "

    Du Heng didn't open his mouth all the time, and after seeing the group of people walking away, he said: "Why do you want to give them so much money?"

    Qin Xiaoman sighed: "The people who come back to collect taxes in our village are a group of strangers, even people they know well. You have to do something about it, let alone someone you don’t know well. If you don’t pay for your hard work, and a group of people borrow to do things for the county government, you can calculate the tax of 880 yuan according to the regulations, and others can say it is 1,100 yuan. Eight."

    "If you don't give it, you are trying to violate the court's law. If you say that someone made a mistake, the yamen servant will reprimand you for deliberately causing trouble, and the knife will be pulled out and fell on you. If there is something good or bad, you can sue, and they will do the same. It is said that you caused trouble first, and the county government will only help those who do things for them."