There is not much land, and it is all arid land, and there is nothing like the big family members in the village who are good at making connections and looking for favors.

    The couple are extraordinarily hardworking, and they will try their best to go to anyone who invites people to do things, not only to earn some copper coins, but also to please people and integrate into the village faster.

    "Just tell me what you have."

    Yao Tian'er then said: "I think there is no need for strenuous work in the back of your house, so maybe you don't need livestock. Maybe you can lend me your cattle for a long time. Our family's little If you use cows to thresh rice, you don’t have to toss it for several days.”

    Afraid to make people think that he is trying to take advantage of nothing, he hastily said: “When the time comes to harvest sweet potatoes, I will ask my wife to come and help you dig sweet potatoes for a day. ?”

    Du Heng thought for a while, and after today, he really didn’t use the cattle much, and it’s okay to borrow half a day to go out, so he tied them around at home and grazed grass.

    "Xiaoman treasures the cow at home very much. I'll go back and tell him that if he agrees, you can take it." Seeing that

    Du Heng didn't refuse, Yao Tian'er quickly nodded and agreed.

    "Eat steamed buns, I steamed a lot of steamed buns today."

    Du Heng looked at Yao Tian'er holding a bowl of dry porridge, the scoop was still thin, unlike those old fritters who knew how to scoop dry porridge when eating porridge, and felt that this person was very honest .

    "Hey, eh, good."

    Yao Tian'er responded and went to get a steamed bun, but she didn't eat it herself.

    After harvesting the rice in the last field, the rice was threshed on the drying ground, and a few men carried the threshed rice back to Qin's house, and it was not too late.

    Today's work is much easier than threshing by hand before, and the time to collect the work is earlier. I am sorry to sit and wait for dinner in the Qin family's yard. The men all went home first, and came over to meet the time when the meal time came. Have a meal.

    Du Heng prepared today's wages in advance, and Xiaoman and his sister-in-law cooked dinner in the kitchen.

    The beans were harvested in autumn, and the main dish tonight is tofu. Although it is a vegetarian, tofu is not a common food that everyone can eat. Most of them are eaten by farmers during the Chinese New Year. They ask someone to make bean curd Naturally, it can be regarded as a big dish.

    Then there is the essential bacon, some seasonal vegetables, and a meal is very rich.

    Seeing Du Heng took out three hanging coins, Qin Xiaoman let out a sigh of relief. It doesn't hurt to spend a huge amount of money, but seeing the rice piled in the yard today, he relaxed a little.

    Du Heng stopped by and told Yao Tian'er about borrowing a cow.

    "Just borrow it. His family's situation is not good. Every time he goes out to help the workers to eat something good, he would bring some for his children. It's not a free loan. Didn't they say they would come over to help with the work?"

    The corners of Du Heng's mouth raised slightly when he heard the words: "Then I'll tell him."

    Two days later, Yao Tian'er came to take the cow away, and took the whole afternoon to bring it back. I came over with a basket of cow grass as a thank you.

    As a result, the two families still have some contacts.

    At the end of September, the weather turned slightly cooler, and when it was sunny, I no longer felt the scorching sun, and I was able to sleep better at night.

    A war-like autumn harvest also began to come to an end like a poisonous weather.

    Lizheng is busy going around every household, registering the achievements of this year.

    "Twenty mu of corn harvested 30 shi of corn."

    Du Heng dug out the previous records and looked at it with Qin Xiaoman. Among them, three mu of land was fertile land, and the rest were thin land of varying degrees of barrenness. The harvested corn was only thirty stones, not a big harvest, but it was three or two stones more than expected.

    "The rice in the ten-mu field, the four-mu fertile field, and the six-mu thin field, among them, the fertile field harvested ten shi of grain this year, the three acres of disaster-stricken thin land in the big field harvested four shi, and the other several small fields harvested a total of five shi. It is said that the rice harvested a total of nineteen stones of grain."

    Du Heng did the math: "There were twenty shi when I got it back, but there are a lot of grains in Susukida. This year, the rice in the fertile field has become a good product. 90% of the rice is full, and 10% of the grains. Susukida is much more serious. Already, at least 30% of the crops are grains, and nearly 40% of the fields are affected by disasters."

    Taking them out in the sun to dry and remove weeds, etc., lost the weight of a stone.

    "Nineteen stones!"

    Qin Xiaoman listened to Du Heng explaining to him little by little with his little book, and he didn't come back to his senses for a long time with his mouth open.

    Du Heng closed the notebook and nodded: "That's nineteen shi."

    Qin Xiaoman swallowed and murmured: "The harvest is bumper, the harvest is bumper. It's not in vain to work from early to late this year. After ten or so years, I won’t be able to be the owner.”

    He snatched Du Heng’s little book in disbelief, and flipped through it again in a hurry, fearing that Du Heng’s calculation was wrong, and there would be no joy.

    Although the rice and corn drying in the yard were much more visible to the naked eye than in previous years, he couldn't estimate the exact weight.

    After all, a few years ago, he only managed ten mu of land, and if he managed it alone, even if all he planted was fertile land, and the remaining two mu of land was planted next to it, the corn and rice on the eight mu of field in autumn harvest would be nothing short of sky-high. Sixteen seven stone.

    There are 30 acres of corn and rice planted this year, and the two grains add up to 49 shi, which is the sum of his harvest from growing crops alone in the past few years.

    It's not that he didn't know, but when he was shocked, Qin Xiaoman couldn't calm down for a long time. He couldn't believe that the family had such a rich harvest this year.

    Qin Xiaoman happily walked around the table in the room.

    Du Heng smiled and said: "Okay, take care of yourself, the property tax has not yet been calculated. The village head will soon be registered with our family, and the rest after paying the grain will be ours."