💉The Lab Experiments💉

Start from the beginning

"Now, Jake. As you can see, we are in the cell block." Drew turned around to him, his hands showing Jake the surroundings. "Do you see how many experiments we have? It's unbelievable! Just a few more to go, and we'll reach 500!"

Jake looked around, seeing the many cells that contained the humans behind the unbreakable glass screens that held them back. Jake could also see his other fellow scientists that experimented on these humans, injecting them with the life-threatening viruses that Drew himself conjured up. Each scientist in the lab had their own massive cell to use for their test subjects. It was the one place where they kept those that were tested on hostage. Of course, Jake had a cell of his own, which was a bit far from Zoey's. But, that didn't matter. When it came to testing, the scientists shouldn't be distracted and should instesd focus on their supposedly called "lab rats".

It was cruel.

It really was.

But there was nothing Jake could do.

From the corner of his eye, Jake caught sight of his friend Zoey over at her cell, testing on experiment 401 like she had previously mentioned earlier. Jake could see how the experiment, or even human, inside looked completely awful. The viruses were destroying her body. From only one glance, Jake could tell her days were numbered. She was definitely going to die tonight or tomorrow.

"Oh, Jake! By each day, I am creating new viruses for us to test on these wretched humans! Yes, we may be killing a lot of humans, but who cares? All of these experiments have no purpose in life, so why not just get rid of them? Matter of fact, they can finally be put to use.." Jake slowly nodded his head, avoiding Drew's dark brown eyes. He didn't know how to feel. Was he supposed to feel just as enthusiastic and excited as Drew was? To Jake, it felt wrong to act that way.

"Now, with all that said, this brings me to the reason as to why I wanted to see you." Drew smirked at the blond-haired scientist, seeing him finally look up at him. "Jake, you have a new experiment."

Jake nearly gasped audibly. Another one?! Why was he always assigned new experiments everyday?! That just adds more to Jake's plate, and now he has another experimental log to complete after the testing is done.

"Another experiment?!" Jake almost yelled, making Drew a little shocked at his reaction.

"Yes..? Listen, you're not working on an experiment right now at the moment. I'm assuming you're still finishing off your test subject logs..?" Drew stared at him seriously, noticing Jake gulp as he froze on the spot. "Honestly, Jake. You need to be quicker! No matter what, I will keep assigning you experiments once you are finished with your last one! That is your job, understand?! And for fuck's sake, get those logs done on time!! "

Jake took a step back in fright. There it was again. Drew's temper. It wasn't hard to get Drew all riled up. He gets angry at the littlest of things. Jake could see the raging fire behind his eyes, making him all the more nervous.

"Y-Yes, sir.." Jake muttered, swallowing a lump in his throat. He didn't want to get into more trouble. He may as well just do whatever Drew wants him to do without any sort of complaint.

"Wonderful. Now, let's go meet your new experiment.." Drew smiled at him, his emotion suddenly switching, which was a tendency of his. With that, Drew swiftly spun around, taking the lead as he began to walk over to Jake's cell. Jake followed behind him, cursing under his breath.

"Fucking hell.." Jake whispered, biting the inside of his mouth in irritation.

----

After walking for what felt like ages, Drew and Jake had finally made it to Jake's experimental cell. Though they had arrived, Jake didn't glance up and take a look inside of his cell. He kept his eyes on the ground, rather. Jake always did this, especially around Drew, who never failed to make his anxiety skyrocket through the roof.