💉The Lab Experiments💉

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Jake. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you.." A light strawberry-blonde haired woman with pastel green eyes spoke out. It was Jake's co-worker, Zoey, who was also a scientist and experimenter that worked in the lab. She pulled down her mask from her mouth and nose, showing off her whole face.

Jake folded his arms, tapping a foot of his. "Yes, Zoey. What is it..?" He asked, hoping the reason behind Zoey visiting him in his office wasn't too major.

"It's Drew. He wants to see you immediately in his office.." Zoey replied, rubbing her hands together. Jake's eyes went a bit wide at Zoey's words. God. What does Drew want now? Jake felt at this moment that Drew always seemed to want to see him whenever he was busy doing his work.

Jake fought back a groan. All he wanted was to just finish off his work, and get that heavy weight off his shoulders. He still had seven more experiment logs to complete. Jake needed all the time he could get. However, when Drew is your boss, it feels almost impossible to get anything done. As much as Jake wanted to say no, he knew he couldn't. If Drew wants to see you, you have to meet him and see what he wants.

"Listen, I know you're busy.." Zoey placed a hand onto Jake's shoulder, stroking it gently. "But, go to Drew. You know how angry he can get if his employees don't do what he says.."

Jake nodded his head, secretly rolling his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I know Drew's behaviour by now. Don't worry, Zo. I'll go to him.." Jake dug his hands into his pockets, not liking the fact that his work has to come to a pause for now. He was sure that if he wasn't interrupted, he would have gotten another log done and dusted.

"Good decision, Jake. Drew is waiting for you. I'll leave you be now. I have to tend to my experiment.." Zoey said, lifting up her mask once more to cover her jaws.

"What experiment number do you have?" Jake asked casually, awaiting a response.

"Experiment 401. The injections are really getting to her.." Zoey adjusted her rubber gloves, glancing down at them. "She is getting a little dangerous now. The viruses are driving her insane. She is definitely going to die either tonight or tomorrow morning, I believe.."

Jake laid his palm atop her collarbone, patting it. "Hey, be careful, okay..? Don't get hurt. After receiving many injections, these experiments can go insanely nuts. I don't want you to get hurt.."

Zoey smiled behind her mask, nodding her head. "Don't worry, Jake. I've tied the experiment down. She won't hurt me. Though, I'm surprised she lasted this long. She has a strong body and immune system, I'll give her that.."

Zoey scratched the top of her hand, glancing off to a side of hers. "Well, every experiment is different, Zo. Some may die the very first day they receive an injection, while others may last a couple of days, actually going through the viruses we inject in them. They may all be human, but their bodies ain't the same." Jake gave his input, easily able to tell that Zoey agreed with it.

"Yeah, you're right. That is true. Anyways, I'll go to my cell and check on 401. You go see Drew before he gets impatient.." Zoey reminded Jake, noticing a tiny frown appear on his lips.

"Right...Ok, I'll go to him.." Jake raised up his mask that had been resting on his chin this whole time. He fixed his gloves, and adjusted his lab coat. Finally, he stepped out his office, shutting the door behind him. Jake then trailed away from his private space, with his good friend Zoey by his side as they both made their way to where they were supposed to go.

----

"I am so glad you came to see me, Jake. One of my best scientists in this entire lab.." Jake listened to his boss praise him absentmindedly as he walked behind him. If he was being honest, he wasn't actually paying attention to him. Instead, Jake kept his gaze onto the ground that felt and looked like concrete. He wished he was back in his office. Never did Jake want to work on his experiment logs this badly. That was something new.