52

Jay picked Lacey up for work shortly after Ryan left with the girls, heading to the district for them to do their own work for the day. Everything was going great until the daycares number popped up on Lacey's phone and she thought immediately that one of them would be sick and she'd have to go get them.

"Hello?" She answered, slowly heading to the breakroom.

"Hi, Lacey?"

"Yes,"

"Hey, it's Bristol at kid's corner. Just wanted to call and confirm something with you. I have someone here by the name of Kelly Davis saying she was told to pick up Riley and Lyla. She's not on the approved pick-up list and you hadn't messaged us so I just want to be sure," Bristol stated, holding Riley on one hip as she talked with the mother.

"Nope, she is Ryan's mom and she is not allowed to pick up the kids," Lacey told her, shaking her head as she walked out of the break room.

"Okay. How do you want us to do this? She's here and trying to pick up Riley and getting upset that Riley will not come to her," Bristol told her.

"I'll be right there," She sighed, grabbing Jay's arm and pulling him towards the steps.

"What's going on?" Jay asked as she hung up her phone.

"I need you to drive me to Kids Corner now. Kelly is there and she's trying to pick up my kids," Lacey told him, grabbing her purse and heading down to Jay's truck. As soon as she was in the truck and Jay started moving, she texted her husband what was going on.

 As soon as she was in the truck and Jay started moving, she texted her husband what was going on

Jay drove right to the small daycare, letting Lacey out so she could confront her mother-in-law.

"Kelly? What the hell are you doing?!" Lacey asked, coming up behind the woman.

"You told me to pick them up today. Told me you were stuck at work and wouldn't be able to," Kelly lied, looking at Lacey like she was crazy.

"I most certainly did not!" She whisper yelled, letting Riley hug onto her leg.

"What's going on back here?" The director asked, coming down the small hallway to see what the fuss was about.

"This woman is trying to pick up my kids and she is not allowed. I never messaged, my husband didn't tell her to and she's not on the pick-up list," Lacey explained, noticing the director coming to them.

"Who is she?"

"Ryan's mother. Kelly Davis," Lacey answered.