6

Lacey woke up the next morning absolutely miserable. They had given her pain meds at 4:30 AM and she wasn't allowed more until 10:30 AM but she woke up at 8 in a ton of pain.

Ryan hated seeing his wife so miserable and was trying everything he could to keep her calm. He knew it got worse when she'd get worked up and think too much about it. He had finally gotten in the bed with her and rubbed her back until she fell asleep. He couldn't do much with Lacey sleeping on his chest so he checked the daycare app to see if Jay and Hailey had dropped off the baby.

Riley Davis was signed in by Hailey Halstead (7:26 AM)

Ryan smiled a little, texting both of them in a group.

Ryan: Hey guys. How was Riley last night?

Hailey: woke up a few times but nothing too bad. Gave her a bottle and she was out again.

Ryan: did she need any teethers? I don't remember if any were in her bag.

Hailey: We found one. I know Lace bought one to keep in the bag when she got her Orajel yesterday.

Jay: How's Lace feeling?

Ryan: forgot she even went to get that yesterday. Lace is eh. Lots of pain this morning and they can't give her more meds until after 10. Finally got her to fall asleep on me for a bit. Really sucks seeing her so uncomfortable.

Hailey: have they said anything about discharging her?

Ryan: nothing yet. Might need you guys to keep Riley another night

Jay: No problem. We got her. We'll go to the house tonight and get everything.

Ryan: Thank you guys so much.

Hailey: We love you guys. Let us know if you hear anything

Ryan: Will do. We love you guys too.

Ryan sighed and set his phone down, just as Will came in to check on her too.

"Not good?" He asked, noticing the pained look on Lacey's face.

"She's miserable" Ryan sighed, looking down at his wife.

"When can she get more meds?"

"They said around 10:30," Ryan sighed. It was only about 2 hours by now. "Just hoping she sleeps until it's time."

"Yeah hopefully" Will nodded, getting paged before he could sit. "Let me know if you need anything,"

"Thanks" Ryan gave a small smile, watching Will leave the room.

Lacey slept until about 9:45 and woke up again, feeling a bit better after some sleep. There was still pain but she was at least relaxed.

"How you feeling honey?" Ryan whispered, noticing Lacey move a little and pull the blanket up more.

"Like crap" She murmured, trying to stay relaxed until she could get the meds.