50

Ryan got home with the girls at 5:45 that night, relieving Jay to head home.

"Unca day!" Riley squealed, running into the living room, followed by her little sister.

"Hey cutie," he chuckled, dramatically falling over as Riley jumped on him. "You have a good day?"

"Yeah!"

"You gonna help daddy take care of mommy?" He asked, getting off the floor and holding the 2-and-a-half-year-old.

"Yeah!"

"Good. I gotta get home so I can help aunt Hailey with Cam. I'll see you guys later," he said before kissing Riley's cheek and setting her on the floor. He then put his shoes on and headed out the door.

"Alright, here's mommy's," he said as he handed Lacey's plate to her.

"Thanks love," she smiled, accepting the food and setting it on her lap.

"How you feeling?"

"It hurts," she nodded, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"I'll get your meds after we eat," he promised.

"Fine," she sighed, eating her dinner.

The 4 of them ate their meals before the girls played and Ryan and Lacey watched TV.

Ryan put Lyla to bed around 7:30, letting Riley play until her bedtime at 8:15. After they were both in bed, Ryan set the couch up with his bedding and made sure Lacey was all set with hers.

"You comfy?" He asked, covering her with a thick blanket.

"Not exactly but what other choice do I have?" She grumbled, looking up at him.

"I know honey but Will said this was the best and most comfortable option for you," he sighed.

"Well you tell Will to come sleep in it then," Lacey grumbled, "you know you can go up to bed right?"

"And why do that when you are down here?"

"What if the girls wake up?" She sighed, checking the camera app on her phone to see if they were still sleeping.

"That's why we have baby cameras and an app on our phones. Exactly what you're doing now. We'll know where they're up," he said as he kissed her forehead, "goodnight my love,"

"Night babe. I love you,"

"Love you too," he smiled, settling on the couch as Lacey picked a movie to watch.

——————

Ryan woke up at 6 again and got up to get himself ready before he got the girls up and ready for daycare.

Will showed up at 7 AM, starting breakfast for them to take one thing off Ryan's to-do list.

"Thanks, Will," he said as he came down the steps with Lyla in one arm and Riley right behind him.

"No problem. Seems like you got a lot going on,"

"Yeah. I got these 2 weirdos to handle," he chuckled, setting Lyla in a chair and helping Riley into hers.