17

Lacey was typing on her computer when she heard the voice.

"Lace,"

When she looked up, all she saw was her husband standing before her with a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh my god," she dropped the pen she'd been holding onto while she typed, pushed her chair back, and rushed over for the tightest hug they could give each other. "Wait you're really home?" She asked as she was still buried in his chest.

"Yeah I'm home," Ryan smiled, kissing the top of her head. "I missed you so much,"

"I missed you too," she smiled, finally letting go. Ryan smiled and kissed her, before going to the playpen and lifting Riley up.

Riley squealed as she grabbed her father's cheek, making both of them laugh. Lacey didn't realize she'd started tearing up and let a few fall while she watched the 2.

"You hanging out with mommy?"

"Someone's got a double ear infection," Lacey sighed, sniffling and wiping her tears. "But the medicine she had this morning seemed to help."

"Say that's okay! I can hang out with daddy the rest of the day," Ryan smiled, holding their little girl.

——————

The entire Halstead-Davis family went out for dinner to celebrate Ryan coming home. Will came out with Emily, her son, and his girls; Jay and Hailey came as well. To say Riley was attached to her parents was an understatement, as she'd bounce back and forth between her mom and dad.

The family hadn't seen Lacey laugh or even smile this much since Ryan had gone undercover. Ryan and Riley had become her entire world, and now that it was finally put back together, she was happy.

When they got home, Lacey went and took a hot bath while Ryan did the nighttime routine with their baby. She got out right as Ryan was walking around the baby's room, humming a lullaby as Riley held onto his shirt. She smiled and snapped a quick picture before heading to their room.

Ryan came in, literally jumping on the bed beside her making her laugh.

"What was that?" She laughed, rolling over to face him.

"That bed was so uncomfortable. Never thought I'd miss our mattress. I also had no one to snuggle with at night," Ryan smiled, kissing her gently.

"I'm so happy you're home," she smiled, snuggling up. Which ultimately lead to more kissing and more and more.

——————

Lacey slowly woke up to the baby making noise over the monitor and rolled over to wake her husband up but he was already out of bed. She picked up the little screen the monitor came with to see Ryan picking her up and sitting in the rocking chair with her.

"We gotta give mommy a little break huh? How about we go get mommy's favorite? Daddy is dying to drive his truck instead of the old Explorer," he chuckled, getting Riley changed and going out to the car.

Lacey set the monitor back on her bedside table and rolled over, letting herself sleep a little bit longer.

"go get her Ri," Lacey woke up to Ryan's voice before she felt an adorable little form crawling on her.