38

Weeks went by and it was already time for Thanksgiving. Lacey and Ryan were hosting the family this year so the house was spotless and decorated with every fall thing Lacey could find.

"Are the girls up?" She asked as both of them continued laying in bed.

"Nope, both asleep still. What time is everyone coming over?" Ryan asked, putting the baby monitors down before turning on his side to face Lacey.

"Will and Emily said 2, Hailey and Jay said anywhere from 11 to 1," She answered with a yawn, "I should get up and get cooking,"

"No, don't leave me yet. I don't want you burning my house down," He chuckled, pulling her in to kiss her. "I love you,"

"I love you too," She smiled, kissing him again as she avoided cooking.

——————

12:30 came around and the kitchen was full of dishes as both the parents worked on the meal. Lyla was napping in her playpen, and Riley was watching TV while Lacey cooked and Ryan did the dishes.

"Mommy! Daddy! Aiwey and Day here!" Riley yelled, watching out the window as the matte gray truck pulled up.

"Will you get it, babe? I'm swamped here," Lacey asked, continuing to make the pie for dessert.

"Yeah, I got it. When are Will and Emily coming?"

"I told you earlier, around 2," Lacey chuckled as Ryan opened the door.

"Aiwey!" Riley squealed, jumping off the couch and rushing to her aunt.

"Hi, sweetie!" Hailey smiled, lifting the child onto her hip. "What are you doing?"

"TV!" She smiled, pointing at the TV on the wall.

"Yeah? Where's mommy?" She asked, setting her back on the couch.

"Out dere," she pointed to the kitchen, before turning her attention to the show.

"Thanks, kiddo," she chuckled, walking out to the kitchen, "Hey, need any help,"

"Make my husband set the table?" She asked but Ryan was already holding Camden.

"I'll do it. He's got my kid and the kid is laughing. I don't disturb him when he's happy," she chuckled, taking the plates and everything.

"How's the teething?"

"Better. I got some Orajel and that seemed to help. He's got a teether in his crib, every room in the apartment, my Jeep, Jay's truck, and the daycare. Everywhere,"

"Is Jay actually getting up at night or do I need to punch him?" Lacey asked, putting the dish in the oven before coming to the dining room.

"Yeah he is, started putting the monitor on his side. I still hear him but he gets up most of the time," she nodded, glancing into the other room to see Camden laughing again. "Jay's got Riley laughing,"

"She's been so excited to see you guys all day," Lacey chuckled, finishing up the table. "You start Christmas shopping yet?"

"I haven't even put up decorations yet,"