39

"You drop the kids off?" Ryan asked over the phone as Lacey got out of her car.

"No Ry, I left them at home by themselves," she chuckled, "they're safe and sound at Kids corner,"

"Someone put her sarcasm jeans on today," Ryan laughed, hearing the gate buzz as Lacey palmed in.

"I had the little devil on my shoulder. Angels got the day off," she joked, "I gotta go. Be safe,"

"You too. Love you,"

"Love you too," she smiled, hanging up her phone as she set her stuff down on her desk. "What fun do we have today?"

"Nothing much. Just paperwork from the last case," Kim sighed, sitting at her desk, "fun day,"

"So much," she nodded, sitting at her desk and getting started on her work.

She hadn't realized they'd all been working for 3 hours because it had just hit 11:15 when her phone buzzed.

With that, Lacey went and found her brother in the break room getting coffee

"I know that look,"

"My kid is sick," she sighed, "Care if I go get her? Do some arrest packets at home?"

"Yeah go. Ri or Ly?"

"Ri. 101 fever, barky cough, refused her snack. Not her," she said, arms crossed over her chest.

"It's fine. Go get her,"

"Thanks, Jay," she nodded, grabbing her bag and the arrest packets before heading to the daycare.

She signed Riley out, texting Ryan before she went in just to let him know what was going on.