35

Lacey groaned at the sound of her alarm going off in the morning, trying to hit the snooze button. Ryan chuckled softly, reaching over her to shut the alarm off before pulling her close.

"What time did you get home?" She mumbled, rolling over so she was facing her husband.

"Right around 4. She passed out in her car seat and went right back down in her crib,"

"Thanks for taking her," she smiled, looking up at him, "think I should make her an appointment?"

"Maybe keep her with you today? You'll be at the district all day right?"

"Yeah, I'll take her to 21 with me if you drop Ri off," Lacey negotiated, agreeing on that plan with her husband.

"Sounds good. I'm gonna go shower before work," Ryan smiled.

"I'll get breakfast started," she smiled, getting up and checking on the kids before going downstairs to the kitchen.

Ryan showered before getting the kids up and down for breakfast. Lyla was pretty fussy, which was definitely out of the ordinary. "Okay. So she's fussing again,"

"I'll call Nat and see if I can get her in. Come eat,"

Ryan nodded, grabbing a bottle for Lyla as Lacey sat Riley in her seat. Everyone had their breakfast and Ryan took Riley to daycare while Lacey and Lyla headed to the 21st district.

When she got to the district, she carried Lyla's car seat up and set her on her desk.

"Still haven't moved into the office yet?" She asked as Jay came up the steps.

"Not gonna,"

"50 bucks, you do within a month," she joked, handing Lyla to her uncle.

"Now what's going on with you?" He asked the baby, who was now pulling on her ear, looking to Lacey for the answer.

"I can't be sure. She woke up around 3 this morning, screaming. Ryan ended up driving around with her at 3:30 ish," she explained, wiping some drool off her little lips after she coughed a bit. "I'm gonna call Nat and see if she can get her in,"

"She can hang out, considering you're still on desk duty,"

"And if I wasn't?"

"She could still stay. I happen to like her more than you," he smirked.

"Yeah, well. I like your wife and son more than you too," she joked, taking her baby from her brother as she got her phone out and went into the break room to call Natalie.

"Hey Lace,"

"Hey, you got room in your schedule for Ly? She's been fussy, the only thing that calmed her was a drive last night. She started coughing and tugging at an ear this morning," she asked.

"Yeah, I can get her in around 2?"

"That's perfect," she nodded, "I'll see you then. Thank you so much,"

"No problem," she smiled before hanging up.

Lacey sighed and pulled her phone down, pulling up her texts with Ryan.