1

Meet the Halstead siblings. 2 boys, and 1 girl. 2 cops, and 1 doctor.

Will was 37 with his apartment building, divorced, and has 3 kids that he has joint custody of. Owen was 16, Katie was 10 and Jamie was almost 7. He was still an ER doc at med, but Natalie had left and comes regularly to switch kids.

Jay was 34, had married Hailey and the couple had yet to have any kids.  They both still worked in intelligence and spent a ton of time with Will and Lacey and her husband, Ryan.

Lacey was the youngest Halstead, now Davis. At 24, she'd married a detective in Narcotics and they now had an almost 2-month-old little girl named Riley. She was also a detective in intelligence, though she was still on maternity leave and would be going back the next day. Luckily, Narcotics and intelligence were on the case together, so she was able to keep up. Ryan knew talking about the cases helped her stay in the loop, not to mention helping her relax. Especially now that she was coming back since Riley had been born.

——————

Ryan had come home when Riley was sleeping and Lacey was working out downstairs with the baby monitor.

"Babe? Where you at?" Ryan called, looking around for his wife.

"Downstairs!" Lacey called back, continuing her run as her husband came down the steps. "I'd kiss you but, I'm a little busy"

"Mhm. I see that. Everyone's excited to get you back. Kevin's ready to have his partner back." Ryan chuckled, watching his wife get off the treadmill. "5 miles?"

"Mhm. And she's still sleeping," Lacey chuckled, getting a sip of water as she looked at the baby monitor.

"You ready for her first day of daycare tomorrow?" Ryan asked, hugging his wife from behind as she watched Riley for a minute.

"No. I don't think I'll ever be ready" Lacey sighed, walking upstairs with him. She started getting bottles out and making the formula for her day at daycare.

"She'll be fine love. And the director showed us the app. They'll message us if anything's wrong," Ryan smiled, hugging his wife and getting a kiss that he'd been waiting all day for. A kiss that was interrupted by Lacey's phone vibrating.

Hails: Tomorrow right?

Lace: Yep!

Hails: it'll be great to have you back sis❤️

Lace: I can't wait! Hubby has kept me all up to date on this whole Escano case.

Hails: it's been a long one. Hopefully, we can move on him tomorrow. Get your sleep. Make Ryan get up with the baby 😆

Lace: You know it!😂

By the end of their text conversation, a little cry came from upstairs prompting Ryan to go get the baby while Lacey warmed up a bottle.

"Someone's hungry" Ryan smiled, coming down with Riley, who had been freshly changed and was ready for a bottle, which Lacey handed to her husband.

"Oh I'm so ready for tomorrow" Lacey grinned, sitting on the couch with her phone and a throw blanket.

"I bet you are" Ryan chuckled, watching whatever show she put on.  They spent the evening together like that, and Ryan watched as his wife slowly fell asleep on the couch.