22

Six hours later, Lacey was rushed into an emergency C-section but ended up bringing a beautiful baby girl into the world. Ryan held her hand the whole time, crying when he heard the cry of their newborn.

"It's a girl!" The doctor announced, wrapping the baby up and handing her to Ryan.

"She's perfect Lace, absolutely perfect," Ryan smiled, sitting close as he showed his wife their newborn.

"Lyla Jayden?" Lacey asked, looking up at him after she laid eyes on the baby.

"Lyla Jayden," Ryan nodded, kissing her forehead while they finished closing Lacey up.

After a while, they moved Lacey to a room and she finally got the moment to hold her baby.

"Hi Lyla," Lacey beamed tiredly, "I'm your mommy,"

"The units are both out in the waiting room and Will was on his way to get Riley," Ryan told her, watching her smile at the baby.

"Can you just take her out for a minute to see them? I'm too tired for company tonight," Lacey mumbled, obviously ready to fall asleep in the bed.

"Yeah, you sleep. I'll tell them to come back in the morning," Ryan nodded, kissing Lacey's forehead as she handed the baby over.

Ryan slowly walked out, cradling the newborn in his arms as both units were waiting.

"There he is," Will spoke, all of them getting up.

"It's a girl! Lyla Jayden," Ryan smiled, angling the baby so they could see her.

Everyone got a chance to take a look and talk to Ryan a bit before heading out. Jay was home with Hailey when Ryan was able to FaceTime them to show the newest addition.

"We've been waiting for this," Hailey grinned, holding Camden in her arms while Jay held the phone.

"It's a girl," Ryan beamed with tears in his eyes, "Lyla Jayden,"

"She's beautiful," Hailey told him, "look, Cam. It's your cousin,"

"How's Lace?" Jay asked, making sure to check in on his baby sister.

"Sleeping. We weren't expecting the c-section, and it put her in a lot of pain," Ryan told them, showing them a sleeping Lacey before turning it back.

"We'll have to come see you tomorrow," Hailey smiled, tired herself but happy.

"Yeah, get some sleep guys," Ryan nodded.

"You too," Jay chuckled, both of them exchanging goodbyes before hanging up.

Ryan sent Lyla to the nursery a little after 9, when Lacey was a little more awake and had a few minutes with her daughter. Once she was taken by nurses, Ryan carefully got in the bed with his wife pulling her close to him.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"If you say so," Lacey mumbled, with a little yawn. "Will you put my hair up?"

"You got a tie?" He asked, Lacey holding out her wrist in response. Ryan chuckled and nodded, taking the hair tie off her wrist and putting her hair in a somewhat neat but loose ponytail. "Night babe,"