46

The next morning, Riley's toddler bed showed up on the doorstep and both Ryan and Lacey were ready to put it together. Riley had become an escape artist, and the parents were ready for a night of uninterrupted sleep.

Jay and Hailey brought Cam over that morning to play while Jay and Ryan disassembled the crib and put together the toddler bed.

"Ri, are you gonna get a big girl bed?" Hailey asked, getting an eager nod from the toddler.

"No more escape artist," Lacey smiled, pulling Riley into her lap and tickling her.

"No mommy!" Riley giggled, trying to get out of Lacey's grasp, "Aiwey hewp!"

"Sorry babes, I got Camden. You're on your own,"

"No!" She laughed, twisting every which way to try and escape.

"Who wants to see their big girl bed?" Ryan asked as he came down the steps.

"This one does!" Lacey chuckled, tickling her more.

"I'll save you Riri!" He chuckled, grabbing the toddler from his wife and running up the steps. "Look at that! No more crib!"

"Big bed!" Riley squealed.

"Go check it out sweetie," He chuckled again, setting her down and letting Riley check it out.

"No jumping," Lacey warned, knowing her child well enough.

"I no jump mama," She giggled, sitting on the bed and examining every inch of her new big girl bedspread.

"Now you have to stay in bed okay? No more getting up at night," Ryan told her, sitting on the floor by the small bed.

"I be good,"

"Good girl," Ryan chuckled, ruffling the little one's hair.

——————

Bedtime approached pretty quickly and Riley was very ready to spend her first night in her toddler bed.

"Alright, we have all of your stuffies over here," Lacey told her, pulling her blanket down to tuck the little one in.

"I big mommy!" Riley giggled as Lacey tucked her in.

"You are baby,"

"I go bed,"

"Yep, time for bed. I love you," She nodded, kissing her head.

"Wove you, mommy,"

Lacey smiled and shut the little one's door, before going to her and Ryan's room.

"She stay in her bed?" He asked, taking his watch off.

"I think so," She chuckled, checking the camera on her phone, "She's still there,"

"Maybe that's all she needed," He chuckled, looking at his wife's phone.

——————