5 | home sweet home

Start from the beginning

"Home sweet home." Delilah bitterly mutters to herself.

Grabbing a trash bag, she walks around and tidies all of the trash that she had previously left to carelessly lie around the house. Delilah rummages through the refrigerator and the kitchen cabinets, throwing out anything that has expired. A grimace crosses over the top of her face at the mere sight of mold growing on the bread, disgusted by it. But once everything has been cleaned up, she dumps the trash bag on the grass in the backyard.

Delilah then switches on the shower, stepping inside after undressing herself to allow the water to hit her skin. She finds herself standing in the warmth of the shower for a long time, desperately scrubbing at her hair and body to remove all of the dirt, sweat, and anything else — it's almost as if she's trying to scrub away the trauma that she's dealt with throughout their entire treasure hunting journey.

Finally peeling herself away from the shower, the girl dressed herself in cleaner clothes, thankful to be out the old ones that she was stuck with, hoping to never see them ever again because she's now sick of them. She brushes through her ginger hair to remove any knots, then leaves it to air-dry. Delilah sits on top of her bed as her green eyes drift around her bedroom, heart warming as she realises how just much she has missed being here.

However, despite the Kildare Island waiting for them with open arms, Delilah can't help but feel like she's suddenly been shoved away, feeling like she doesn't belong. Her knees are brought up to her chest as she hugs her legs, desperately trying to find comfort in her loneliness.

"Ly?"

But he make Delilah feels like she truly belongs in this world. He loves her for her.

"Ly, are you here?" JJ calls.

"My room." Delilah replies, projecting her voice.

Footsteps then softly echo through the house as he walks through the hallway to get to the bedroom. JJ eventually comes to a stop in the doorway, causing the sound to cease at once. Green immediately meets blue, and JJ smiles warmly at her, always enchanted to see her. Delilah simply returns the smile, finding his smile contagious and bringing her happiness.

"Missed me already?" Delilah teases.

"You know it, angel." JJ replies, winking. "Just can't get enough of you."

"Is everything okay at home though?" Delilah asks, becoming serious now.

"Eviction notice." JJ tells her with a shrug, trying to appear unbothered. "Not really surprised."

"I'm sorry." Delilah whispers.

JJ frowns. "Why are you apologising? It's not your fault. Shit happens. I'm just glad that you still have a place to come back to."

The boy walks forward and flops down onto the bed next to Delilah. He snakes his arms around her waist to pull her body closer to his, a smile splitting across his face as her laughter fills his ears. JJ leans down and pushes his lips against hers, kissing her gently. She smiles against his soft lips before kissing back harder, raising a hand to cup his face. He slowly guides Delilah to lay with her back against the bed, his body slightly hovering over hers.

"I've missed this alone time." JJ whispers.

Delilah simply hums against his lips in agreement. Her arms move to wrap loosely around his neck as he tucks her hair behind her ear. Blue eyes drift to each of his girlfriends features, staring at her with a look full of love. JJ's hands slide down the side of her body before resting comfortably at her waist.