chapter 1

Jeff wakes to the sound of the door opening. He bolts up, grabbing the knife next to him as Adrian walks in. "Sorry to wake you," he says, placing a plate of food onto the coffee table in front of him. "Here," he puts a first aid kit down next to the plate, "you should really clean and re-bandage that..." he speaks with concern in his voice, eyeing Jeff's side and the blood soaking through the dressing which is still wet from the rain.

Jeff remains silent, just glaring at him from behind the messy hair that falls in front of his pale face. "Oh, and," he pulls a small pill bottle from his pocket and tosses it onto the sofa next to Jeff. "painkillers. I googled it and they should be fine for you to take." Adrian pauses for a moment before speaking again, "there's a bathroom through that door there, the remote for the TV is right here..." he motions around the room, as if Jeff were his house guest. After a moment he accepts that the only response he's going to get is a silent glare, and leaves.

Jeff waits for a while, making sure he's alone before moving at all. He grabs the first aid kit, opening it and laying things out on the table before starting to clean and rebandage his side. As far as he can tell it doesn't look infected, and the bleeding has mostly stopped so that's good. When he's done with that he lays back down, running a hand through his hair, unsure of what to do.

Jeff spends the day on edge, listening closely to every sound he hears. He resigns himself to his fate and accepts that the only thing he can do is wait until he's able to leave. Could be worse, after all. Could be much worse.

The next day Jeff's woken up in much the same way, to Adrian opening the door.. He sits up and watches him closely as he enters, holding folded clothes and another plate of food. "I cleaned your shirt and hoodie," he mumbles, putting everything down on the table. "Oh and uh, there might be people here today. In the house, I mean. They won't come down here, though. It's just my friends." he eyes Jeff for a reaction, but can't see one. "So uh, don't freak out, okay?" not bothering to wait for a response, Adrian picks up the untouched plate of food from yesterday and leaves.

Just as Adrian warned, Jeff could hear that there were people in the main house that evening. Sounded like some kind of social thing, music, laughing. It put Jeff on edge. He listened very closely, eyes on the door, hand on his knife.

Eventually the noise died down and the music stopped. By the time it was dark it sounded like everyone had left. But that's when Jeff sat up, gripping his knife. Someone was walking down the garden approaching the shed. The door opened slowly and Adrian walked in, Jeff relaxing slightly seeing that it wasn't anyone else. "Hey," Adrian says softly, closing the door behind him. "Everyone is gone now, don't worry..." he sways slightly as he stands there, Jeff notices and eyes him even more cautiously, trying to work out if this guy is for real.

"Are you... drunk?" Jeff asks, confused more than anything.

"A bit." Adrian states matter of factly, looking over at Jeff and frowning slightly. "Can i... do you mind if I sit in here with you for a while? We can watch tv.." he looks at Jeff, but when there isn't a response to his question, he slowly moves to the spot beside the sofa and sits on the ground, reaching for the tv remote. Jeff doesn't protest, Just continues glaring at him, watching his every move very closely.

Adrian turns on the tv and flicks through channels for a moment, before leaving it on some kind of soap opera and putting the remote back down. He sits there for a minute, just watching the screen. "Like I said before," Adrian turns to look at Jeff. "my name's Adrian... What's your name?" No response, just a menacing and kind of confused look. "C'mon, it doesn't even have to be your real one. Just gimme *something* to call you?"

There's a long pause, the only sound coming from the show on the tv. "... Jeff." Jeff gives in and answers the boy's question, which seems to make him happy.