A (Boringly) Interesting Meeting

Book Two: The Flames Of  Hope           

Holly's POV

Holly really, really, really regretted not bringing some of her ADHD pills with her.
She hadn't had it in days, and the results were far from relaxing. Her brain kept phasing in and out of reality. Sometimes it was hard to tell if it was all a dream. That, combined with the fact that she already felt out of place, made it very difficult for Holly not to wish she was back at home.

They'd reached Pyrrhia, but that was only half of their problems; they still had to go back and save Blue, Swordtail, and the others . . . if they could ever get past this meeting.

Hazel explained their situation to the queens; the story about the Tree Wars, Wasp, the Breath of evil, the mind control, finding the map and escaping across the ocean.
That was the part where Holly REALLY driffted off.

"We want to go back and rescue them", Hazel said, causing Holly to snap back to attention.
"Ohhhh", Queen Ruby of the Skywings said.
"You mean with armies", Queen Thorn of the Sandwings said.

"You want us to send dragons all the way across the ocean to fight a war that -sorry- doesn't have anything to do with us?", Queen Morhen asked.

"Nothing to do with us? Did you hear what those dragons are going through?', asked Qibli, one of Queen Thorn's loyal followers.
"Yes", Morhen said, shooting a look at Thorn.
"But our dragons are safe here. Whatever's over there doesn't know about us.
If we go over there, it might come back and get us. This is the safest place - for us and for you."

"And we just got out of a war", Queen Ruby said.
"And a follow-up, almost-war. I have a lot of dragons who still haven't recovered from the war, or, to be honest, my mother's rule as murdery queen of the mountains. I don't know if I can throw them into another conflict."

"We have a similar problem", Qeen Glory said.
"Half of my dragons aren't suited for war. The other half's been through a lot."

"Mmm, have they?", Queen Snowfall of the Icewings said coldly.
"Poor things."

"What?", Cricket asked.

"I think what we're all saying" Thorn said, "is that we don't feel at liberty to send our dragons into a war where they might have their minds taken over."

"Yeah", Hazel said sadly. "Probably."

"But we can give you weapons", Glory said.
"My tribe, the Rainwings, make these dartguns and can put dragons to sleep.
That way, you can stop your friends from hurting you without hurting them."

"Oh! What's inside the darts?", Cricket asked.
"Is it a plant that-"
She cleared her throat.
"I'll ask you later."

"Make a note", Glory said to the black dragon next to her.
"We can triple reproduction if we send a message tonight."

What were those black dragons in that book called?
Nightwings.
And if I remember correctly, Glory's queen of them and the Rainwings.

Since arriving on Pyrrhia, Holly's been trying to remember more about that book she'd been reading before she turned into a dragon. She felt like she was making progress, but she wasn't sure.

"We have dragonflame cacti", Queen Ruby said.
"You're welcome to that, but I don't think I can send any soldiers."

"Wait, wait", Qibli said.
"Before you all decide, you have to hear Moon's new prophecy."

Qibli indictated a dark-green and black Nightwing next to him.
She had a nervous expression, as though she was afraid of being rejected.

Tsunami huffed, but Thorn and Glory beconed Moon forward.