Holy Snakes!

Heyo, Renx here! This chapter is going to have some Sindarin Elvish in it.
The reason why I put that in here, is because, I'm like 60% positive Tui inpart based the Leafwings off of Tolkein's Elves.
And I mean, the Poison Jungle is kind of like the WoF equivilent of Fanghorn.
And it would make sense for during the Tree Wars, the Leafwings had a secret lanuage like Elvish.
I can't promise I spelled everything right, though.
Anyways, hope you like this chapter!

Holly's POV

"Well, we need to get moving", Willow said briskly. "We'lll deal with that if we have to."

They continued walking, Sundew and Willow at the front, Holly at the back, with Mandrake helping her along.
He had his wing around her, guiding her around tree roots and brambles whenever he could.

Why am I doing this? I told him I was never there for him, and instead of letting me die, he's helping me and making sure I don't hurt myself.

Holly spread her wings briefly in an attempt to get them out from under Mandrakes.
"It's fine", she said. "I can go on by myself now."
She hadn't even made it five feet, when she tripped over a log that was sitting in the middle of the path.
Mandrake turned around and looked at her.
"You sure about that?"
"I didn't trip!", Holly said, standing up quickly, ignoring the throb in her joints.
"The ground wanted a hug."
He chuckled.
"Of course."

They went on quietly for a long while.
The wind rustled through the vines and ivy and shaking the trees. Now and then, the sound of a spidermonkey's call could be heard far off in the distance. The lap of a stream or waterfall was also heard momentarily.

"So, Bookworm, what books do you like?", Mandrake asked as they passed a cluster of Roidulas.

"Oh gods, I have so many!", Holly said with a laugh.
"Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Wingfeather Saga, and The Recapture of the City. And there was one more, but I can't remember it for some reason. . . . ."

"Huh", Mandrake said.
"Are you learning any languages?", he asked.

"I'm learning Tolkein's Sindarin Elvish", Holly answered.

"Can you say something?"

Holly though for a second.

"Im Holly. Mà gúvanan. Maneinkey?"

As if by impulse, Mandrake said, "Im dóla gyn lam. Am sàw izt Mandrake."

Holly burst out laughing.
"What?", Mandrake asked.

"You said-", Holly said between giggles.
"I'm - not quite sure what-what you said- but I heard-", Holly gasped, "something-li-like, 'My head is empty. I'm a bottle of juice'!"

"What?", Mandrake said between his own laughter. "No! I said, 'My name is Mandrake. Nice to meet you'!"

It took several minutes before they got control of themselves.

"By the way, what did your parents mean by naming you Mandrake?", Holly asked.
"Mandrake like the plant", Mandrake said.
"Why?"

"In my world, Mandrakes scream", Holly giggled. "Did you scream a lot when you were younger?"

"No", Mandrake said, grinning. "Holly leaves are sharp you know."

"Hold it", Cricket said. "Let me think for a second, I'm trying to come up with a rhyme about this. . . . "

"Wait wait wait, I got one!", Holly said.
"Mandrake likes screaming, and Nettle is steaming, Hollies are prickly, holy crap, that escilated quickly!"