Believer

Holly's POV

Holly wasn't having nearly as much trouble glidding between the trees as she'd expected. A few close calls here and there, but for the most part, she'd gotten the hang of flying.

Up ahead of her and Mandrake, Sundew, Nettle and Cricket were deep in discusion. Sundew was visably aggitated.

"What do you think they're talking about?", Holy asked Mandrake.
He shrugged.
"Sundew and Nettle nearly always fight. That's why I spent so much time with you before . . . you know."

"I'm sorry, Mandrake", Holly appoligised suddenly.
He shook his head.
"It's not your fault. I'm just worried. I've never been in a war. The last time the Leafwings fought against Wasp, half of our tribe got wiped out."

Holly wanted to comfort him, but whenever she tried to make an inspirational speach, it ended up sounding like a peice of dry, squashed paper.
So, she turned to the only kind of talking she was good at: singing.

"Last thing's last, by the grace of the fire and the flames you're the face of the future, the blood in my veins oh-oooh, the blood in my veins oh-ooh.
But they never did, ebeded, limited, limited, 'til they rained down, it rained down like . . .
PAIN!
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer.
PAIN, let the bullets fly, oh, let 'em RAIN, my life, my love, my drive, it came from . . .
PAIN!
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer."

Mandrake was looking at her.

"Does that make you feel any better?", she asked.

"A little", he said.
"Thanks."

After continuing to go between flying and hopping from tree-to-tree, they reached the forest palace.

Tsunami and Turtle were still studying the Book, their scales were glowing, and lit up the pages.
"Any luck?", Tsunami asked.
"As far as we know", Sundew said, taking some of the vines attached to the chest and tightening them around herself.

"We should leave a few here", Cricket said.
She took a few roots out of the chest and put them on the throne.

"What about you guys?", Holly asked.
"Found anything?"

"No", Tsunami said.
"There's no much about Phyrria, but Moon did say something like 'A secret hides within their book'. "

"Oh! Is that part of the prophecy?", Cricket asked.
"Part of the gibberish", Tsunami muttered.

"The big secret is the Wasp and the Hivewings have been lying", Holly said.
"That's probably what that's about."

"Yeah, probably", Tsunami agreed.

"Come on, guys, let's go already!", Nettle said impatiently.

"Tsunami", Cricket said, hesitating, "I know it's asking for a lot, but, can you take care of Bumblebee?"

"EKNO!", Bumblebee objected, throwing her arms around Cricket's neck.
"NoBYbE!"

"I'm actually pretty cool once you get to know me", Tsunami said.

"Bumble, be reasonable!", Cricket said.
"There's a war coming and I need to know that you're safe!"

"STaBeBaD!", Bumblebee argued.
"YUUUUUSAFE!"

"I'll be back soon", Cricket promised.
Bumblebee didn't look convinced.

"Bye, little bug", Sundew called as they lifted off.

"You be good, goof-nut!", Holly said.
"HA HA!", Bumblebee declared.

Finally, around midnight, they reached the queen's campment, which took a while to find.