11. ...But the Tabloids Work Harder

I plugged my phone in and turned it back on once I was settled on the jet. There were so many messages and missed calls.

Royal Pain👑 - 15 missed calls

Papa💕- 8 missed calls

Maman💕 - 10 missed calls

Charles🔥 - 15 missed calls

Ines🌸 -5 missed calls

Lando🧡 - 4 missed calls

Carlos🌶️- 4 missed calls

Daniel 💙 - 6 missed calls

And the list went on with every one that I had befriended at Charles' yacht party reaching out through calls and texts. I wasn't even sure how the others had gotten my number other than through Charles. The first person I called was Alex.

    "Hey," I said softly when he answered the facetime call.

    "Are you safe?" was the first thing he asked.

    I nodded. "Yes."

    "What happened Kat? We were all worried sick. We saw the news that you left the gala early and without warning and we all didn't know what to think."

    I grimace. "I don't want to talk about it."

    "Was it?" Alex's eyes hardened.

    I just nodded.

    "I'm going to kick his ass! If I ever see his smug, douchebag face again-"

    I cut him off. "I just needed to get away afterwards, and I didn't want to have to face everyone. But I think I might have messed everything up."

I explained how all of my new friends had been messaging and calling and how I was too afraid to respond to any of them so I was flying back to Monaco because that was where Charles had said he would be for a few days between the two races and if I couldn't find him there I was going to fly to Canada for the next race. Alex listened silently the whole time.

    "You know I support you," he said once I finished. "I'll smooth things over with maman and father. Go do what you need to do as soon as you land but you might want to check the headlines. I don't know what is going to be waiting for you but it's always wise to prepare for anything."

    I smiled gratefully. "You're the best brother a girl could ask for."

    "I know, I know, I'm incredible. But seriously, be safe. I love you, I'll see you soon."

    "I love you too."

    Alex found out where Charles' apartment was and sent me the information. I took a deep breath, trying to prepare myself for whatever I was going to see before looking up the latest news.

Princess on the Run! Princess Kathrine Montagne seen leaving Italian President's charity gala in a hurry

Princess on the Run!  Princess Kathrine Montagne seen leaving Italian President's charity gala in a hurry