𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 | 𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔳𝔢 𝔯𝔬𝔤𝔢𝔯𝔰

Warnings: ptsd, anxiety attack, lots of love and fluff.

---

I sighed as I opened my book not being able to sleep, it was one of those nights where my thoughts were everywhere and I couldn't turn off my brain.

I smiled as Steve clinged onto my waist before planting a light kiss on my stomach. "Goodnight princess" he mumbled half asleep causing me to lightly giggle.

"Goodnight handsome" I said smiling as I lightly played with his hair causing him to hum in satisfaction as I turned off the lamp with my other hand.

...

I looked at the time and it was 2 a.m. I yawned as I felt tired, I looked at Steve and he was now sleeping on my chest as soft snores escaped his lips. "Aww, I love you" I whispered smiling as I lightly ran my fingers across his gorgeous features. He hummed before lightly kissing my hand.

I smiled kissing his forehead before closing my eyes.

{Steve's POV}

I shoot up trying to catch my breath as beads of sweat form on my forehead and chest, I look next to me to see Y/n peacefully sleeping.

I tried standing up but I fell to the ground as my legs felt like jelly, I clenched my chest in pain as I tried crawling towards the bathroom.

"Oh my God, Steve!" I hear Y/n say before running up to me. "Hey hey it's okay!" She says as she hold me in her arms, I lay my back on her lap as she tries to help me.

"It's okay, it's okay shhh!" She says on the verge of tears as she held me in her arms. My breathing started getting heavier as I started shivering.

"Your okay baby, your safe, your here with me and I would never hurt you!" She whispered into my ear as my head was now against her chest holding me tight.

"Your not in the war anymore I promise, your home." She kept repeating, my breathing became slower as I started calming down.

{Y/n's POV}

"Your not in the war anymore I promise, your home." I kept repeating, his breathing became slower as he started calming down.

Once he was fully calmed down he laid in my arms staring at the wall on autopilot. This happened every single time, it takes his brain a little while to process what happened and for him to come back to reality.

I took my hand slowly touching him not wanting him to freak out. He lightly jumped as I touched his arm.

"It's just my hand baby, it's just my hand..." I whispered as I slowly ran my fingers across his hand before slowly holding it.

"Hey come on, baby." I whispered before putting his arm around my shoulder as I walked him over to the bed.

I helped him sit down on the bed before I sat in front of him as he blankly stared at the wall. "It's me Steve, it's me..." I whispered as I slowly touched his face. "Please come back to me baby, please..." I whispered as I touched our foreheads together.

Before I pulled away I felt him put his hand on my arm I looked up and saw tears come down his face as he looked at me.

"You came back to me." I said in relief as I hugged him he immediately wrapped his arms around me as he put his face in the crook of my neck.

"I'm here, sweetheart..." he whispered as he hugged me, tears ran down my face as I was able to hold him again.

"I'm so sorry it happened again" I said as tears ran down my face. "It's okay, it's okay, I'm okay now, princess." Steve said as he hugged me tighter.

...

A couple hours passed by and I was laying on Steve's chest as we he talked about his first home, Brooklyn.

"It sounds beautiful," I said as I drew circles on his bare chest, he smiled before kissing my forehead. "It is, we should go visit there. We can take the jet and fly over there as a couples vacation." He said, I smiled as my fingers lightly danced on his abs.

"Do you miss it?" I asked he nodded his head as he answered. "Yes but I like being here more, cause I get to be with you" he said cheekily as he looked down at me, I blushed. "But don't you miss the feeling of being safe?" I asked he stared at me as his eyes danced around my face.

"I have that feeling every time I'm with you, I look at you and I feel safe. Your the only person who is able to bring me back." Tears fell down my face onto the pillow.

"I love you" I said, touching his face as he closed his eyes leaning into my hand. "I love you too, my sweet girl" he said before kissing me.

We both went to sleep and I prayed to God that he didn't have another nightmare.

ꕥꕥꕥ

author's note:

author's note:

Hello my beautiful babes, back with the Steve imagines!!💕

Also should I have a book where I do imagines that happened from my Marvel Reality? I think it would be fun but let me know what you guys think!💕