Chapter 27

{Your pov}

Since we left the church,we were on the move for a few days then Rick and a few others went to to Noahs old home.Beth was going to take him there when she got out.But since she didn't..we kept her promise for her.Such a sweet girl.Didn't deserve shit.While Rick and the others went with Noah to find his home,me and a few others stay back with Carl and Judith.Some weren't so up for much.

{3rd person pov}

Y/n sat looking out at the trees,drinking some water from her canteen.

"Uh..Y/n."A voice said.Y/n turned her head and saw Maci.Y/n hummed.

"Can I have some of the water?"She asked quietly.Y/n looked at the canteen.

"Of course."She handed Maci the canteen.Ellis ran up and jumped on Maci.

"You want some boy?"She asked with a smiled then poured some for him.After a minute Y/n took the canteen,so Maci wouldn't give it all to Ellis.

Y/n saw Daryl walking by."Hey D."She got up and walked over to him."Hunting?"She asked.
Daryl nodded.She looked down.He hasn't spoken much since the hospital.

"Im goin'."She said slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Like hell you aren't."He said."No,I am."She insists.

"I said no."Daryl hissed.

Y/n stopped and looked at him in the eyes.
"You gonna stop me?"Y/n asked.Daryl kept walking."You have the walkie,gotta stay to inform everyone."Daryl argues.He was right.

"Well shit."Y/n took her bag off her shoulder.She turned around and walked away.She let out an angered sigh.She didn't want to argue because he was hurting.She's in the same position.

Y/n sat down on the dirt next to Ellis.He whined and laid his head on her leg."Me too,buddy.Me too."Y/n whispered with a sigh.Y/n stood up again."Go find Maci."Y/n demands.Ellis got up and ran.Y/n looked around then walked to a tree for some shade.She sat down and laid her head in the birch.She lifted her head again and took out her lighter.She tried to light it,but only clicked.
She shook it and tried again.Nothing.The only thing that helped her take her mind off everything.

"Damn.."She the stuffed it back in her pocket.
Y/n saw Carl walking with Judith.

"Hey Y/n?"A voice came over the radio.Y/n quickly picked up the radio from her belt and clicked the button.

"Yep,right here boss man."She says then letting go of the button.

"We're halfway there.Just wanted to check the range."Rick said from the radio.

"Everybody's holdin' tight.We've made it 500 miles.Maybe this could be the easy part.We're resting for now."Y/n states back.

"Got to think we're due.20 minutes and we'll check it."Rick said.

"Alright,we don't hear back from you,we'll come lookin'."Y/n watched Carl feed Judith.

"Copy that."Then the radio cuts.

Y/n stood up and walked over to Carl.

"Hey there kiddo.How are you holdin' up?"Y/n asked.