01 | Nepotism At Its Finest

-= The Resolute, Hyperspace =-

22 BBY, Month 9

Rex

Rex quickly made his way to the briefing room, running late for once in his life

Rex quickly made his way to the briefing room, running late for once in his life. General Skywalker had used him as "guard" for his little "political update comms" with Senator Amidala and now everything was behind schedule. He couldn't make himself look at the general as they ran side-by-side down the hall. He was too upset with Anakin to talk.

Rushing to a stop, the two quickly entered the briefing room, Rex removing his helmet from his head. He hoped he didn't look too winded and have his rush be known to all. For all he knew, the others in the room might have perceived them as being fashionably late since it was General Skywalker.

Until General Skywalker made matters worse. "Sorry for the delay," he said, crossing his arms as if they didn't just sprint half a mile in three minutes. "Captain Rex here had an emergency meeting with the toilet."

That wasn't a lie since Rex had neglected "guard" duty to answer nature's untimely call, but in front of a whole room? Not only did General Skywalker throw him from heights but now he threw him under the shuttle. Great.

Rex decided to just say nothing and let the meeting continue. He looked at the different members in the room and on the call. General Kenobi, Ahsoka, and Shaak Ti's padawan, Rylann Tetra were in the meeting room already, but General Shaak Ti and a different woman were on holocall. The other woman was in her forties and looked vaguely familiar. She had an oblong face, pale skin, and searching eyes.

"Anakin and Captain Rex, this is Senator Pro'oz, a friend and close comrade of Senator Amidala," Kenobi said, forgoing a long welcome, getting straight to the point to Rex's liking.

"How do you do, Senator?" Anakin said with a small bow. "Any friend of Senator Amidala's is a friend of mine."

It took Rex everything he had to hold back from elbowing his general. As powerful as Skywalker was, he was horrible at hiding his feelings. Obi-Wan played oblivious—that was obvious—though Rex doubted that Anakin's former master knew that the senator and general were married. Many probably just perceived it as a passing crush.

"Pleasure, ma'am," was all Rex said, saluting the woman. Now he knew why she was so familiar to him. She was one of the advocates for clone rights and he had seen her propaganda on Kamino through the holovision of some of the cadets.

"I know that Senator Pro'oz has barely met my padawan, Rylann, but I believe that this would be beneficial for her to be a part of the meeting," General Shaak Ti said, gesturing to the young woman in the holo beside hers. "She is with General Kenobi and General Skywalker at the moment, getting ready for graduation and will oversee the Special Units division of the GAR. She is a prime candidate for helping out. Is that right, Rylann?"