06 | A Party on Naboo

22 BBY, Month 9

Joseta

Joseta felt the giant shift beneath her feet, startling her out of reading her book

Joseta felt the giant shift beneath her feet, startling her out of reading her book. Setting aside her data pad, Joseta slipped from her desk chair, making her way to the door. She peeked outside but there was no one in the barracks. Joseta furrowed her brows. Something wasn't right here.

Footsteps clicked against the floor, Rex making his way towards her room, helmet placed on his head. "Sergeant Pro'oz," Captain Rex called out, slowing to a stop in front of her door. "We have arrived on Naboo. You are needed in the hangar for the briefing you are late to."

Joseta narrowed her eyes, her lips sticking out. "Briefing?"

Rex sighed, placing his hand on his waist as he jutted out his hip. So sassy. "We called your commlink twelve times—well, General Skywalker did."

Joseta reentered the room to grab her commlink that also had her ID and payment. "Sorry, I had it on silent so I could focus on something."

Rex sighed, walking away as he waved his hand over his shoulder. "Just keep your comm off of silent next time during the day."

Joseta nodded, jogging to catch up with him. "But why Naboo?"

Rex shrugged. "Just wait for the briefing."

After making their way through the empty halls of the ship, the two reached the hangar of the Resolute. The man whom she presumed was General Skywalker stood in front of the 501st Legion, hands clasped behind him. When Rex and Joseta made their way to the general's side, the Jedi finally met their eyes. "Looks like they could finally join us."

Joseta squirmed, readjusting her navy, leather jacket over her grey jumpsuit. She mouthed 'sorry, sir' to him, though Captain Rex said nothing. General Skywalker just smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "You two are late to the party."

"Looks like we missed a lot," Rex said, placing his hands on his hips as he kept his gaze on the legion, his helmet's visor flashing beneath the bright lights of the hangar.

A young, female togruta exited the shuttle behind them, patting the wall of it. "It's ready, master."

"Just in time for the party," General Skywalker said, his sandy brown strands blowing from the blast of A/C the shuttle emitted from the ramp.

Joseta frowned. They were going to Naboo for a party?

Rex leaned over to her ear. "'Party' is their code-word for a mission—usually used for battles, but this time, I'm not so sure," he said, his modulated voice cracking.

Joseta nodded, pulling her cap further down on her forehead. "Thanks, sir."

Skywalker turned to face Joseta and Rex. "Since you guys missed the briefing, you're just along for the ride. You might find it more fun guessing what we are doing than anything." Joseta flushed, the general smirking more. "Also, Sergeant Pro'oz, I saw your file. You have nice credentials," the tall jedi said, brushing past her to get on the ship. "But try to keep up with the real pilot." He sent a wink her way and she stood there confused.