"It looks like the cupcakes are ready now! Shall we put on the pink icing and decorate them?" Hailey questioned, slightly jumping in her place as she was completely elated.

"Yep! Let's do it, princess!" Jake nudged her shoulder playfully, giving her a charming wink. This made Hailey giggle as she blushed again. "Ooh~ Am I making you blush?" Jake teased the girl, much to his amusement and Hailey's embarrassment. She immediately brushed it off, shaking her head in disagreement.

"N-No! Shut up! Let's just put on the icing and do the decorations!" Hailey huffed, avoiding his delicate brown eyes.

"Alright then! If you say so!" Jake gave his friend a response, chuckling with much pride heard in his tone. Hailey rolled her eyes, soon laughing lowly under her breath after.

----

Jake and Hailey's baked treats were now fully finished, and they looked as perfect as ever. The two singers had applied the pink icing on, along with some sprinkles that showed off various different colours. They weren't able to put it into words on how attractive the cupcakes were. At this point, they just wanted to taste them already.

"Wow, princess! These look amazing! You did a great job!" Jake remarked, giving his best friend a high five. Hailey shook her head, patting Jake on the shoulder.

"No, Jake. We did a great job!" Hailey said, gazing into Jake's eyes, signs of appreciation shown behind her dark, alluring eyes.

"Should we taste them?!" Jake asked, not able to contain his exhilaration, or even hide it.

"Of course!" Hailey responded, gleeful at Jake's idea. Once that was settled, both of the teenagers carefully took a cupcake each from a white plate they had placed them on earlier. The cupcake felt so delicate in their grasp. It just looked too good to eat, but they knew they had to taste them before distributing the baked goods to their friends and family.

Slowly, at the same time, Jake and Hailey both took a bite out of their cupcakes, their tastebuds immediately satisfied with the sweet, succulent taste. Their eyes widened in surprise as they began to chew.

"Mmm! Hailey, these taste amazing!" Jake licked his lips, taking another bite straightaway once he had swallowed his first one.

"They do! They taste incredible! These cupcakes were a success!" Hailey closed her eyes in enjoyment, swallowing the cupcake's rich contents down her throat.

As Hailey was eating, Jake took notice of something, wondering to himself if he should point it out, or if Hailey would notice eventually herself. Nonetheless, he decided to mention it.

"Uh, Hailey? You've got some..icing on your lips there.." Hailey opened her eyes at Jake's comment, seeing him point at her mouth. Her cheeks went red out of embarrassment as she laughed.

"Oops! Sorry! I'll just get a napkin there.." Hailey set her cupcake back down onto the plate, glancing around the kitchen for any napkins nearby. As she did this, an idea popped into Jake's head, causing him to smirk.

"No need. I'll do it for you." Jake then set his cupcake down onto the platter as well, getting Hailey's confused attention.

"What? Are you gonna get the napkin for me and wipe the icing off my lips?" Hailey asked, an eyebrow raising in puzzlement.

Suddenly, without any warning, Jake swiftly pulled Hailey in by the waist, up against his body. He then joined his lips with hers, kissing her passionately. Jake hummed during the kiss, attempting to bring Hailey's body more closer to his.

Hailey's eyes were more wide than ever as Jake abruptly kissed her. She didn't know what to do, nor could she believe this was even happening. Her best friend is kissing her right now, and she was as stiff as a statue. She could feel Jake's hand squeeze her waist gently, making her go nuts on the inside.

Soon enough, after a minute, Jake pulled away, breaking the kiss. He smiled warmly as he saw Hailey just stare at him, bewildered. Her entire face was a shade of pink. She struggled to speak, words refusing to spill out of her mouth. Jake placed a strand of her hair behind an ear, cupping her cheek after.

"All gone. Problem solved. You taste just as sweet as a cupcake.." Jake murmured teasingly in Hailey's ear, hearing a gasp escape her lips as a result. This made him chuckle under his breath. Hailey is just too adorable when she gets all shy.

"Anyways, let's hand some of our cupcakes to the others. How about that?" Jake loosened his grip on the teal-haired girl, thus letting her go. He then picked up the white platter that held their cupcakes, glancing at Hailey with a grin.

"Y-Y-Yeah..! S-Sure..!" Hailey stuttered, her heart beating incredibly loud and fast, she could hear it faintly. Jake just chuckled at her response, soon heading towards the kitchen door. He opened it and trailed outside. It wasn't long before Hailey followed him out, the whole kiss scene that played out with Jake just minutes ago replaying in her conscience over and over again, like a favourite song.

-End-

AN: This was cute to write. Not to mention, I'm a baker too! I bake a lot of things for my family, and I absolutely love it. This was a pretty short oneshot, I know, but I wanted to update this :)