The cost of protection (Blue X reader)

Start from the beginning

After a couple of moments, Swordtail began to lower Blue and himself into the divet. (H/n) fluttered his semi-transparent (s/c) wings as he supervised Blue and Swordtail, making sure everything went smoothly. Luckily, no accidents had occurred.

Swordtail shot an upset look at Blue with his dark blue eyes. He was himself again after the effects of the strange solution wore off. Blue caught his gaze, becoming worried.

" What? ", Blue questioned, curling in his blue antennae.

" I see the looks you give him. ", Swordtail informed, in a flat tone.

" What!? ", Blue repeated, feeling warmth rush over the bridge of his snout.

" I don't like it. You know what the HiveWings had done to our tribe. You can't fall in love with him. What if he turns against you? ", Swordtail pointed out, with a serious gaze.

" I'm not in love with him! Plus, I'm sure he and Cricket won't go against us. They are our friends, remember? ", Blue argued.

" No, you are definitely into him. I just can't have you together. It's dangerous. ", Swordtail shook his head.

Blue sighed, thinking about his friend's words.

" It might already be too late. ", He whispered.

Blue flicked his blue and purple antennae as he listened to (H/n) laugh while they were walking together.

" Hey, I want to tell you something. ", Blue stated, with a soft blush upon his snout.

" Yeah? ", (H/n) questioned, flicking his (s/c) wings.

" I really, really like you. In a romantic way. And I was wondering if you felt the same...? You don't have to, but I was curious. ", Blue confessed.

The (s/c) HiveWing blushed as a smile arose on his snout.

" Yeah, I like you too. You are so kind and everything. Now, perhaps, after we defeat Wasp, would you like to be my boyfriend? ", (H/n) offered.

Blue nodded, planting a small peck on (H/n)'s cheek, with the bit of confidence he had.

- Later-

" LUNA! ", Blue yelled, as he watched his half-sister fly into the sky, constricted in her own flamesilk.

The aggressive HiveWings hissed, bringing his attention back to the situation of the patrol. Blue wanted to help fight back against the aggressors with (H/n), however he was quite fatigued, it being barely possible to even see straight.

(H/n) clawed at one of the enemy HiveWings and then bounded over to Blue.

"Blue, come on. You are going to start your metamorphosis. We have to get you to safety. ", (H/n) beckoned, as he wrapped his (s/c) talons around Blue, his (e/c) eyes full of worry.

" But what about Swordtail and Cricket? ", Blue argued.

" They will manage. Don't underestimate Cricket now. Despite her demeanor, she can be strong when she can be. I made sure to take down the strongest, just in case. Don't worry.", (H/n) comforted.

With this, (H/n) lifted Blue with his strong talons, carrying the SilkWing. He found a cave that was hidden and would be safe from any enemies. He placed Blue down, gently, on the loose dirt ground. Then Blue noticed something concerning. (H/n) was heavily injured, with the (s/c) HiveWing's neck bleeding quite badly.

" (H/n), you're hurt! ", Blue pointed out.

" I'll be alright, I promise. ", (H/n) informed, with a slight gasp for breath.

" But what if you aren't!? ", Blue countered.

" Trust me, I've been through worse, little butterfly. Now, please, go through your metamorphosis. You'll me on the other side, remember? ", (H/n) reminded.

Blue blinked as he arose from his orange cocoon. Cricket bounded over to him, seeming happy to see the blue SilkWing once again.

" Where is (H/n)? Is he alright? ", Blue begged, worried.

Cricket's expression changed to one of sadness, and she shook her head.

" I'm sorry, Blue. He's gone. ", She confirmed, as a tear built in her warm, dark brown eyes. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hey.... It's me. Please read the update on the progress chapter for what has been going on. Also, I apologize if some parts seem off, it is a combination of old and new writing on my part. 

( Published: Nov. 10th / 2023 )