Animal lovers (Sky X reader)

Requested by: Startalon-the-NW

Sky X Male! RainWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(R/n) - RainWing name

(E/c) - Eye color

(S/c) - Scale color

(F/f) - Favorite fruit

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV☆

Sky flicked his ears as he listened to the rambling Rainforest. He smiled at the thought of all the critters that thrived in the forest. Wren was on his back.
" I'm not here we should go in there. I heard Rainforest dragons live there. I heard they're considered the deadliest kind of dragon. ", Wren warned.
" But, all those sounds. Think about all the animals that are in there. Besides, I'm a dragon too. If a RainWing dare hurt us, I can scare them off! ", Sky argued, giggling.
" The biggest you can scare off being you is a butterfly. ", Wren snarked.
Sky blinked at her, looking offended.
" How dare you. ", He snipped in a playful offended voice.
They both laughed at each other.

Suddenly, a noise came from the Rainforest. Wren and Sky quieted down and listened to the rustle.
" It's close. ", Sky warned in a whisper.
Sky tensed up as head popped out from the cover of the trees.

" Oh hello! ", The dragon greeted.
Sky blinked his pale blue eyes. He smiled at the dragon.
" Hello. What's your name? ", Sky asked.
" I'm (R/n). You? ", (R/n) replied.
" My names Sky and this is my little scavenger, Wren. ", Sky introduces.

(R/n)'s (s/c) scales turned a blue color as he spotted Wren on Sky's back.
" Ohhhh! A little scavenger! ", He chirped.
He stretched his talons out to stroke Wren's head. However, Sky backed away, making Wren out of (R/n)'s reach.
" I'm sorry but you can't eat her. ", Sky stated, protectively.
(R/n) blinked his (e/c) eyes at Sky. Then, his scales shifted to a spatter of Orange and Purple. He tilted his head.
" Eat her? I wouldn't eat a scavenger. I prefer (f/f) instead. ", (R/n) explained.
" I thought all dragons ate humans. Well, expect Sky of course. ", Wren piped up.
(R/n)'s scales shifted to a emerald color.
" You can talk? ", (R/n) asked in shock.
" Yes, yes I can. ", Wren answered.
" That's so cool! ", (R/n) exclaimed, his scales bursting with golden yellow.
Sky giggled at the excited RainWing.
" Why this very expressive dragon reminds me a whole lot of you, Sky! ", Wren shouted at her best friend.
Sky's laugh became louder.

After their meeting, (R/n) offered Sky and Wren to stay with him for the night. But then, he bit his lip.
" Wait. No, you shouldn't actually... There are NightWings in the Rainforest now and I don't want them to eat Wren... ", He admitted, his scales flooded with bluish-gray.
Wren blinked as she remembered something.
" Wait, Murderbasket actually lives in the Rainforest? ", Wren asked.
" Murderbasket? ", (R/n) repeated, squinting his (e/c) eyes while thinking of names.
" Don't you mean Deathbringer? ", (R/n) finally corrected.
" Yeah, but I call him Murderbasket. ", Wren answered.
" Hehe Murderbasket hehe. ", (R/n) snickered to himself, pink and yellow spreading on his scales.

Sky blinked his pale blue eyes at the orange hue towering over them. He looked at Wren and she understood.
" I'm sorry that I have to ruin our little party but Sky and I have to get going. ", Wren stated.
" Awww... Well, will I see you again soon? ", (R/n) questioned.
Wren thought for a moment.
" Yeah, Why not next week? Around the same time? ", Wren suggested.
(R/n) blinked and nodded. Sky smiled sadly at him.

Sky turned to fly off, waving to (R/n). The RainWing waved back as he watched Sky and Wren leave. He gazed at them until they blended into the orange hue of the horizons. Sky watched him as he slithered back into the Rainforest.

Wren smirked at Sky.
" Is he your new boyfriend? ~ ", She teased.
Sky's pale orange scales burst up in red.
" W-what n-no! ", He stammered.
Wren snickered at his flustered reaction.
" Sky's got a boyfriend ~ Sky's got a boyfriend ~ ", She teased in a sing a long tone.
Sky huffed at her as he flew back home.

- Timeskip -

A week has passed since Sky's and (R/n)'s first meeting. Sky was tapping his talons gently on the ground repeatedly.
" Missing your boyfriend? ~ ", Wren cooed.
" Wren! ", Sky whined.
Sky crossed his talons and puffed up his cheeks.

" Well, What are you wanting for? It's time to go! ", Wren announces.
Sky's face lit up as Wren climbed onto his back. Sky fluffed out his wings and flew off towards the Rainforest.

- Small Timeskip -

" Awww ~ Looks who's waiting for you ~ ", Wren cooed.
Sky blinked and gazed over the edge of the Rainforest below. Unsurprisingly, (R/n) was waiting for him. Both dragons lit up spotting each other. Sky was almost too excited as Wren almost slipped off. After Sky landed, Wren slid of his back. She said she needed to go something and left the two dragons alone.

Sky got a bit nervous only being him and (R/n).
" You're really pretty. ", Sky admitted.
(R/n)'s (s/c) scales shaded with bits of pink.
" Awww... Thank you! You're really cute yourself ~ ", (R/n) teased.
Sky smiled and snickered a bit. Then, he blinked his pale blue eyes as a snail appeared in front of him and (R/n) becoming closer and closer to him. (R/n) wrapped his right wing across Sky's back. Sky let out a small gasp as the snail peeked out of its shell. He carefully took the snail out of (R/n)'s talons and put it in his own. He beamed as he just watched the snail.
" You sure like those, huh? ", (R/n) asked.
" Hehe yeah, they're my favorite. ", Sky giggled.

Sky turned his head and attention back to the snail. (R/n) blinked his (e/c) eyes as he watched Sky's reactions to the small creature. He thought Sky was absolutely adorable. Just then, he decided to show that to Sky.

Sky was startled as he felt a kiss being placed on his left cheek. Blood rushed through his cheeks, staining them red. He looked at (R/n), who just smirked at him.
" Whatcha do that for? ", Sky questioned.
" Well, I wanted to show you how I feel about you. ", (R/n) explained.
" Wait, does this mean? ", Sky asked.
(R/n) nodded. Sky smiled and cuddled himself into (R/n).
" So, does this mean that you're mine now? ", (R/n) asked.
" Hehe yeah ", Sky giggled.
(R/n) sighed deeply and planted another kiss on Sky's cheek.
" I love you ~ ", (R/n) cooed.

And little did the two dragons know was that Wren was watching the whole time, smirking at her dragon friend and his new RainWing boyfriend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here, have this. This might be a bit bad, but here take this request hehe.

Published: Mar. 16th / 2022