A thing for nerds (Starflight X reader)

Requested by: @MunchkinThe

Starflight X Shy, yet Boisterous! Male! Teacher! IceWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(I/n) - IceWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Mentions of scars, specifically ones from burns.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

A big and dragonet-ish smile rested upon his (s/c) scaled face.
' I can't believe I actually got accepted as a teacher here! ', (I/n)'s mind chirped, joyfully.
(I/n) was now beginning to meet his co-workers, or the other teachers, after his delightful meeting with the one running everything, Princess Sunny.

(I/n) was going to be the art teacher here at the new, Jade Mountain Academy. Despite his family's and tribe-mates opinion, the (s/c) IceWing's passion was indeed, art. He couldn't wait to teach other dragons how to express themselves through art. He had already planned lessons in shading techniques, color theory, the rule of thirds, and so much more.

After going around, there was the final teacher he had to meet, the librarian.

There was a NightWing inside the library. There seemed to lay a soft white blindfold covering one of his eyes, along with burn marks. He seemed to enjoy himself while organizing the various scrolls by content and genre.

" Hello. ", (I/n) called out, calmly.
" Oh, hello! ", The NightWing replied, turning around towards him, in a slightly alarmed tone.

A dark green eye gazed back into the (s/c) IceWing's (e/c) ones. Burn marks were splattered across his dark face and snout. But, it didn't seem to bother the NightWing. This almost sparked a fascination within (I/n).

" Who might you be? I don't particularly recall an IceWing working with us. ", The NightWing stated, tilting his head slightly.
" Oh, apologies that I didn't introduce myself, I'm (I/n), I'm going to be the art teacher. Judging by the craving, Your name is Starflight, right? ", (I/n) observed, in a soft tone.
" Correct! May I ask why you have decided to become an art teacher? With my current knowledge on IceWing society, typically, art and other passive subjects similar to it, are often looked down upon. ", Starflight questioned.

" Well, my passion is art. I've always had a connection to it, ever since I was the smallest dragonet. You can't simply throw away a passion, because of other's opinions. As long as it's healthy and makes you genuinely happy, then you should never abandon it. ", (I/n) explained, getting more comfortable than the NightWing.
" Honestly, that is a very wise thing to say. I also have a passion for reading and scrolls. Like you, I've always had this passion. ", Starflight noted, with a smile.
" I'm glad we have something big in common. ", (I/n) stated, kindly.

- Timeskip -

It's been a couple of months since (I/n) and Starflight had met. During this time, both have strongly bonded, even becoming best friends. However, (I/n) realized he had these strong romantic feelings for Starflight.

(I/n) was cleaning up in his classroom. He gently cleaned the dirtied paint brushes in the sink, being careful with his serrated claws. Water gently flickered through his talons and the soft bristles of the brushes.

Then, he heard a small knock on the stone doorway. He turned his (s/c) head and his (e/c) towards the noise, the brush still in his talons. His (e/c) irises widened, seeing it was his crush, Starflight.

" Why, hello, Starflight! ", (I/n) greeted, with a kind smile.
" Hey, (I/n). How have you been? ", Starflight asked, in a soft tone.
" I've been well, just excuse me for a moment, I was just cleaning these brushes. I'm almost finished, this is the last one. ", (I/n) stated, turning back towards the sink.

After a quick moment, (I/n) placed the brush in the glass container, with the other brushes. He swiftly and carefully dried off his (s/c) talons with a soft towel. Now, his full attention was on Starflight.

" Now, what brought you here? ", (I/n) questioned, walking over to the NightWing.
" Well, I've gotten this new shipment of scrolls and I thought perhaps you would like to help me organize them. I also wanted to chat, as usual. I definitely do indeed enjoy your company. ", Starflight explained, honestly.
" Sure! Quick question however, doesn't Fatespeaker typically help you with the organizing with new shipments? ", (I/n) asked, remembering his jovial assistant.
" That's true, she does. However, unfortunately, she is busy with other duties. She didn't tell me specifically, though. ", Starflight replied.
" Ah, convenient. ", (I/n) giggles, in a very hushed voice.

" What? I didn't quite catch that. ", Starflight questioned, giving the (s/c) IceWing a curious look.
" Nothing, it was nothing... ", (I/n) barked, defensively, in an embarrassed manner.
(I/n) felt a strong blush upon his face, noticing the beating heart in his chest.
' That was close. ', He thought, with a relieved sigh of relief.

- Tiny Timeskip -

' I should really tell him... I've loved him for quite a while. I'm just nervous that he would feel the same... ', (I/n) observed, in his mind, peering over at Starflight again.
" Hey, (I/n), what seems to be on your mind? You're more quiet than usual. ", Starflight asked, looking towards the nervous IceWing.
' Well, it's now or never. You can do it, come on. ', (I/n) encouraged himself, with a deep breath out.

" It's a bit complicated, but I'll try my best to tell you. I trust you after all. ", (I/n) started, getting a bit jittery.
Starflight gave him a patient look and a calm, reassuring grin.
" You know how we've been best friends for a couple of months now? ", (I/n) went on.
" Yeah. ", Starflight stated, with a nod.

" Well, I don't want to be best friends anymore. I want to be more than that. Lovers even. I have feelings for you, Starflight. I'll understand if you don't feel the same way, however I hope this doesn't mess up our relationship. I still want your company, even if I can't be with you. ", (I/n) confessed, looking at the scroll shelf, unable to make intense eye contact.
" (I/n)... I actually do feel the same way, entirely. I was nervous that you wouldn't want me. Especially with the whole rivalry between our tribes. I'm so glad you share my feelings. I would love to be with you. ", Starflight admitted, with a soft crimson blush upon his dark cheeks.

" So, you'll be my boyfriend? ", (I/n) questioned, still a bit unsure.
" Yes, of course, I will. ", Starflight reassured.
" Now, could I give you a kiss on the cheek? ", Starflight asked.
" Yeah. ", (I/n) confirmed, timidly.

Then, the NightWing placed a gentle kiss on the IceWing's (s/c) cheek. In response, the color change from (s/c) to a more deep blue, as it was covered in his blush. Afterwards, Starflight snuggled into the nape of his neck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starflight time!

I haven't wrote him in a very long time! I hope it is good!

Also, I know that star boi is fully blind, but with the requester's nitpick, I was asked to make him not blind. So, I said combination, and made him blind in one eye instead of both, I hope it's alright! :D

Published: Feb. 28th / 2023