Shame (Queen Coral X reader)

Requested by: HYPERFOXXXX

Queen Coral X Casual and Reserved! Female! SeaWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SeaWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warning: Graphic showings of blood and unalive. With some light angst.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Today, (S/n) was old enough to help her mother, Harp, in the Summer Palace. The small (s/c) SeaWing had a neutral expression, but had an admiration sparkle in her (e/c) eyes. She kept close to her mother's talons, making sure to not get lost, like her mother gently instructed that very morning.

Suddenly, (S/n)'s mother stopped, causing (S/n) to lightly bump into her legs. (S/n) looked up to Harp, opening her mouth to apologize, but slowly shutting it when she realized why her mother paused. Two royal SeaWings had approached them.

It was the queen, and the princess, being Queen Albacore, and Princess Coral.

Queen Albacore had a large structure, with pale blue scales and a dark blue stripe down her back. She still had a deeper voice, slowly getting higher pitched over time. Her gray-green eyes glittered with gentleness, even when talking to the common citizens of her kingdom. Her neck was wrapped in a coil of pale blue, pale pink, and white pearls.

Princess Coral was by her mother's side, just like (S/n) was. The princess had deep, royal-blue scales, and warm green eyes. She was fiddling with her necklace of pale pink pearls as her eyes were on (S/n), which almost sparkled looking at the (s/c) SeaWing dragonet.

" By the three moons, look at her. She's not a servant. She should be a noble, mother. ", Princess Coral could be heard stating to her mother, interrupting the queen for a moment.

" Hmmm... do you mind if our daughters play for a while? ", Queen Albacore hummed, stopping for a second.

" I don't see why not, your majesty... ", Harp nodded, then looked down at her daughter, (S/n), with her soft (e/c) eyes that they shared.

" Go on, say hello. ", Harp gestured, nudging (S/n) gently with her snout. 

In retaliation, the small (s/c) SeaWing dragonet shook her head, hiding behind her mother's talons to show she would rather stay by Harp. 

" Come on! Don't be shy now! You are going to play with the princess herself! The other dragonets would kill to be in your place! ", Princess Coral exclaimed, in an almost demanding tone, slightly flaring out her large blue wings. 

" Coral, what did we talk about? ", Queen Albacore reminded, looking down at her daughter.

" Sorry, mother... ", Princess Coral sighed, lowering her head. 

" But, come on! I have a feeling you are going to be my BFFE! My best friend forever and ever! ", Coral beamed, shaking the thoughts in her mind away, going over to (S/n) and grabbing her (s/c) talons.

(S/n) gave one last glance at her mother with slightly pleading (e/c) eyes before being dragged off somewhere by the commanding SeaWing princess.

- Time skip - 

(S/n) sighed, swimming around the deep palace, with the salty currents stroking gently across her (s/c) wings. Then, her (e/c) widened as she spotted Queen Coral rushing into the royal hatchery. Out of curiosity, she followed, wondering what Coral has gotten into such a fuss about this time.

She immediately felt a chill nipping at her spine when she observed the sight in front of her. The guard, Tortoise, that was usually there, was screaming as the Queen continuously pulled all her teeth out from her maw. Her (e/c) ringed pupils were pinpricks as she couldn't look away from the gruesome scene. 

Then, she turned her attention the lost princess, Tsunami, as the heir was continually flashing the phrase, 'I will protect', in aquatic. Queen Coral glared at her daughter with fire in her warm green eyes. Just as she was about to grasp Tsunami's talon in a fit of rage, (S/n) swam in, shielding the princess from anything that would come from her mother's rage. 

' What are you doing? Move. ', Queen Coral flashed in aquatic, still livid about another one of her eggs being destroyed. 

' No. I need to speak with you. Surface. ', (S/n) flashed back, her (s/c) tail shifting in the water as she did so. 

Queen Coral frowned at the SeaWing in front of her that she considered her best friend. However, she followed (S/n) to the surface anyways. Making sure Princess Anemone stayed mostly in the water.

" What? ", Coral grumbled, before her warm green gaze widened at (S/n) enraged expression.

" What in the three moons was that, you squid-brain!? ", (S/n) snapped, which was very unusual, due to her normal wall-flower behavior. 

" I was teaching her a lesson, that's what! She failed to do her job. A useless guard. ", Queen Coral immediately defended, baring her teeth, flaring out her wings a bit. 

" But, she hadn't eaten in days, Coral. You can't just kill anyone who displeases you! ", (S/n) argued, letting out a deep exhale.

" I am the queen, I do as I please! Remember, I am your queen before your best friend! ", Coral protested, with a frustrated huff. 

" But, Coral, it is okay to feel grief for the unhatched princesses, but you can't just go on a rampage like a snapping turtle! You know what, let your daughter protect that egg. If you continue on these reckless jellyfish-ed rampages, soon, none of your eggs will be protected. ", (S/n) continued, her (e/c) eyes slightly glistening. 

" N- ", Queen Coral opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by (S/n) speaking again.

" This makes as much sense as a putting a raw clam on a harpoon. ", (S/n) shook her (s/c) head, then looking at Coral one last time before saying, " I'm going home. "

" Wait! ", Queen Coral expressed, reaching out for (S/n), who already jumped into the water, most likely going to her mother's and her new stepmother's residence. 

Queen Coral frowned at the water, looking at her reflection. Her heart pounded in her chest, as she felt a stab of shame in her side. She sighed, remembering the half-written scroll on her desk, titled, Harp's Gift. Her mind rushed with thoughts as she pondered whether to follow the one SeaWing who had her heart's blessing after Gill. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hehe, get a cliffhanger on if it will end in fluff or more angst. >:)

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this oneshot! 

Just to clear anything up, Queen Albacore is obviously not canon. Just in case so I don't confuse anyone. Btw, she's trans fem, because I said so. 

Psst, also Harp's Gift was most likely a love letter >:)

(Published: Apr. 4th/2024)