A butterfly's kiss (Morpho X reader)

Requested by: Moon_Thyme

Morpho X Timid and Sweet! Female! HiveWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - HiveWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/f) - Favorite flower

(F/m) - Favorite meat

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Morpho tapped his blue front talon impatiently on the wooden floor. He was waiting for Cinnabar and Tau to arrive at the meeting. He seemed to get more and more annoyed, with the swift flicks of his blue tail tip.

' They both should be here by now! ', His mind yelled, as he continued to become frustrated.

Suddenly, both SilkWings finally appeared through the opening. Cinnabar entered first, Tau quickly following behind.

" Sorry, we were- ", Cinnabar started.

" Where have you two banana slugs been!? ", Morpho interrupted with a shout.

Cinnabar was about to open her mouth when Tau spoke up.

" I was helping (H/n), the new chef... She just needed some extra- ", Tau began to explain before Morpho cut her off again.

" Oh, so that NASTY HiveWing is better than our meetings? You both are as bad as those two lazy caterpillars, Argus and Temora! ", Morpho spat, baring his teeth.

" Morpho, there can be good HiveWings. Even if most of them are like that doesn't mean that all of them are like that. Personally, from what Tau told me, (H/n) is one of the nice ones. ", Cinnabar argued, being frustrated with Morpho's hot-headedness.

" Doubt that. All of them are bad. ", Morpho insisted, puffing out his wings a bit.

" Perhaps, if you met her, she might change your mind. ", Tau countered, blinking her dark amber eyes.

Morpho shook his head, vigorously in protest. They both knew how much he hated the HiveWings. Especially as SilkWings were treated lesser than actual dragons of their own.\

" I agree. You should warm up a bit. Plus, you might even make an ally. ", Cinnabar nodded, considering the details about the timid (s/c) HiveWing that she heard from Tau.

" HiveWings can never be allies. ", Morpho grumbled.

- Time skip -

(H/n) gulped as she finished the two sample meals, she was directed to make by Tau. One was a roast that contained zebra meat, potatoes, and some carrots to complement it. The other was a kind of starchy stew made with vegetables from the greenhouses, which also had a cinnamon stick on the side for optional extra flavor.

Her (e/c) eyes were tense as carried the two dishes very carefully on a large tray. Tau smiled as the timid (s/c) HiveWing came out with the two dishes. (H/n) gave a respectful nod as she came into the room with the tray, lightly setting it down on a table, where two taste-tasters were seated.

One of the taste-testers was an orange and yellow HiveWing, and the other was a blue SilkWing that was dapped in iridescent sea green scales. The SilkWing has given his fellow taste-taster and (H/n) quite a dirty look. Tau mentioned to (H/n) beforehand that the SilkWing was a bit snippy.