The Divine Scroll and Becoming A God

Marinette's POV: I was leafing through some stuff in the library and I came across a scroll. I wondered why a scroll was here of all places I decided to check it out.

"I'm back Scaramouche!" I called out. "Welcome home Marinette I made breakfast for you." he said.

"Thanks you are very nice." I said to him. He sat across from me and he intertwined one of my hands in his and said "I want to fix your broken heart Mari please let me in."

I almost cried he really wanted to help me mend my broken heart he was trying to heal me. I did not want to be betrayed again but then he was like me so maybe we could heal each other. 

"Okay I guess I can tell you the whole thing. There is a girl named Lila Rossi she came into my class and started telling outlandish stories."

"You mean to tell me that all of your friends ate out the palm of her hand just with a few pretty words?" Scaramouche asked me.

"Yes and she also claimed to know many famous people and it was okay if that was just it but she went further and said that she saved Jagged stone's Cat."

"I know him and I know he is allergic to animal fur but all of my classmates seemed to have forgotten that and took her word for it."

"How can they forget something like that?" Scaramouche asked me. "I have no Idea but they did." I said. 

"There is a lot more but I don't think I can talk about it without breaking it down." Marinette said. 

"Shhh it's going to be okay I won't let them hurt you ever again and trust me that Xiao and the travelers will have your back every step of the way." Scaramouche said. He cuddled me.

I melted in his hold thankful that he believed me. "I can't believe they would do this to you this even worse than what happened to me." He said

"Oh that reminds me I found something in the Library today that I think you should see." I said as I got out of his hold. 

"This is the divine scroll then this means I can finally become a god through the accession ritual." Scaramouche exclaimed.

"What is an accession ritual?" I asked. 

"It is a special ritual that is preformed when someone wants to achieve the state of godhood but the materials that are required are a gnosis which I have and the said scroll." He said. 

"Of course an adeptus has to be present for it to work." He reminded. "To bad we don't have one of those." I said.

"Actually we do Xiao is one himself." He reminded me. "Then I guess we are lucky." I said. 

Scaramouche nodded. We called Xiao and the travelers over to tell them what I plan to do.

"Are you sure that is safe? Have you forgotten what happened the last time he tried to become one?" Paimon reprimanded. 

"Hmmm it should be fine since I am taking part in it accession and fusing are two different things entirely." Xiao said.

"What not you too!" Paimon yelled. "Now Piamon Xiao was not there when we fought him when he was connected to the mainframe." Lumine said.

"My sister is right Xiao was not present when we fought Shouki no Kami." Aether said.

I nodded I thought it was worth a shot. So we walked to the tower where we first encountered Shouki no Kami it was empty and there was a lotus seat there.

I saw Scaramouche climb up and he sat there lotus position and I placed the scroll on the offering table.

Xiao put both hands together Infront of him and started to recite something in adjacent language.

Then A white pillar of light engulfed Scaramouche. The light became so bright that we had to shield our eyes.

When the light died down , we were shocked and surprised at Scaramouche's new appearance.

"It looks like the ritual was a success." Xiao said. "That was what was suppose to happen if he became a true god. What happened before then was just some sick experiment." Xiao said.

"Now he can change between god and human form as he pleases but I do have one condition." Xiao said. 

"Name it." I said. "Do not and I mean do not tell Nahida about any of this she can not know." Xiao said.

I nodded and Xiao bid us farewell. Scaramouche turned back to human from and said "Wow that was kind of fun."

"For you but not for us." Paimon said. "Well if you guys need advice you can always come to me." Scaramouche said.

"Yep that's what a god would say." Aether said.

"So are you happy that you got what you wanted?" Marinette asked. "I am happy that I became  a god but the one thing that would make me truly happy is spending the rest of my life with you." He told me.

"I forgot to tell you this last night. I love you too." I said. "That makes me so happy." Scaramouche said.