The Broken Puppet

Marinette's POV: The fight was over as the Shouki no Kami fell to the floor. The Balladeer reached for his gnosis which separated himself from the Mainframe. 

I saw him fall to the floor and rushed over to him. I heard that he had been betrayed three times, in a sense he and I were a lot alike.

I walked up to him and he was on his knees holding his arm in pain he also had a couple of scraps and bruises on him

He had tears in his eyes but refused to let them fall. "What here to laugh a my defeat to?" He snarled at me. 

I walked forward and got down on my knees and wrapped my arms around him giving him a hug. 

He seemed surprised. "What are you doing why aren't you leaving me like everyone else?" He asked me.

"I was betrayed too." I said. I felt him take my hands in his and he asked me "Really then your kind of like me." 

"I know how it feels to be tossed aside to be all alone to give up everything but to get nothing in return." I said.

"Please hold me Marinette." He sobbed as he clutched on to me.

Aether's POV: Me and Lumine could only watch in awe as the scene played out before our very own eyes

I smiled at least he was not trying to kill us anymore. "Maybe he just needed someone to understand him." My sister Lumine said.

"Thank the Archons I thought we were goners." Paimon said as me and Lumine glared at her. 

"Please don't Leave me Marinette." we heard him whimper as he clutched onto her even tighter.

Lumine and I decided to give them some alone time. 

The Balladeer's POV: Marinette was so warm and kind. Why people would betray her was even beyond me.

I looked into her eyes and I knew she was telling the truth. Her eyes held sorrow and pain. My heart clenched at that. 

"So what do you plan to do with him?" I heard Lesser lord Kusanali ask her. "I think it's best if you leave him with me." Marinette said. 

"Are you going to take him in?" Lesser Lord Kusanali asked. "Yes Nahida I do." She answered. 

"Okay then it has been settled Balladeer you are going to stay with Marinette." Nahida said. 

"You really are taking me in?" I asked her. "Of course I could not just leave you like this." She said. 

She slung one of my arms over her shoulder and she used the other to support my body weight and helped me stand.

I was still a bit worn out from the battle and I had lean on her for support. 

"So tell me who were you betrayed by." I stated. "My close friends who knew me longer than I can remember." She told me.

I was livid to say the least being betrayed by people who were your close  to you now that is a line you just don't cross.

"I won't leave you, I will always stay by your side I am sure the travelers will too." I told her. 

She looked at Aether and Lumine and they both gave her reassuring smiles that they were going to stand by her no matter what. 

I guess I am not alone after all.