The Spirited Away Case

Marinette's POV: I a had agreed to help Xiao with the spirited away case and I headed back to see if the Balladeer could give me any info on the matter.

I entered my living quarters and I saw him sitting lotus position on my bed looking fine. 

"You're back." He stated. "I am but we have a problem." I said. "Oh what is it?" He asked me.

"Well Xiao told us that children have gone missing recently but they don't know who is behind it." I told him.

The Balladeer looked a bit shocked if not down right livid. "When we find out who is responsible I will tear them limb from limb." He snarled out.

I was a bit scared that he sounded really dark and his expression was one that promised hurt and pain.

If he gave anyone that look they would be six feet under by now. "Let's meet up with Xiao and the traveler and go from there." The Balladeer said.

 I had to agree and I had to admit that life here was better than my previous life back in Paris no Lila no akumas and no backstabbing classmates this is the life.

We met up with Xiao and Aether and Xiao said "Took you two long enough I was starting to think that you would not make it." 

"I'm so sorry." I rambled out. "Asides from that lets get going I don't have all day." The Balladeer said. 

We boarded the boat and head off to the destination that Xiao spoke of. When we got there it turns out that more children have gone missing. 

The Balladeer looked about ready to blow a gasket and if looks could kill we would all be dead.

"When I get my hands on them I will electrocute so hard that their dead ancestors will feel it." He growled out.

I had to laugh at that and replied "As if the dead could feel anything." He turned around and his gaze softened.

"I guess we should wait until nightfall that is actually when this happens." Aether said.

I had to agree so we decided to hide out for the time being to wait for the culprit to arrive.

Night had fallen and all of us took turns standing guard. Then when it was my turn I heard the sound of a flute. 

I was shocked and  I quietly and quickly woke everyone up. We followed the kids as they followed the sound of the flute.

It turns out that it was a demon that was involved in human trafficking. I felt like I was going to be sick. 

"Hey there ugly!" Aether shouted. The demon turned around and his face paled as he spotted Xiao.

"Oh no not the conquer of demons." He said. "Vile demon selling off children to other demons this stops right now.

Need less to say he tried to put up a fight but still he was outnumber. Xiao was the one who managed to finish him off.

 We walked into the cave to see that all the children were huddled against the far wall.

I called out to them and told that it was okay and that we got rid of the demon. They all ran over to us and we brought them back to their families.

They thanked us and gave us the reward money, Xiao did not want his share and gave it to the traveler to tell him to give it to his sister Lumine. 

Aether nodded and I was relived that everything turned out okay in the end. So we boarded the boat again and made it back to Sumeru. 

We said goodbye and went our separate ways. "Are you Okay?" I asked the Balladeer. 

"Yes I am fine. Please call me Scaramouche." He said. "Okay Scara." I said using a nickname.

I was surprised because he hugged me. "Love you Mari." Scaramouche said.

I my face flushed red because he said he loved me sure I have a crush on him but do am I really ready to jump into another realtionship.

"You don't have to give me your answer just yet but I hope that one day you will feel the same way." He said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

His eyes were the most beautiful shade of indigo and his dark purple hair looked as smooth as silk. I am falling for him.