Chapter 31

Chapter 31

It was Christmas Eve, and Harry was sitting in his office in the Ministry quietly as he listened to a radio that held the voice of Dean Thomas. There was laughter, and boisterous sounds in the background, along with the familiar voice of Luna Lovegood talking to the man about utter nonsense. At least it sounded like nonsense to Harry, but he was certain the young woman was just giving the same spiel about Crumple Horned snorkacks that she had given many times before.

Next to Harry, Ron snorted as Luna made another offhand comment about Dean not paying enough attention to her. The two were on an undercover date/mission. They had been sitting at an upscale bar in Essex where Camila Nott, and her husband Pierre Nott were having dinner for almost an hour. The two Aurors had used some minor glamor charms, and were watching the married couple from across the bar attempting to be inconspicuous. Luna was supposed to be playing the part of an intoxicated trophy wife, while Dean was talking quietly in his ear piece about what the Notts were up to, and who they had met with.

Harry and Hermione had been building a case against the two for weeks now trying to be able to serve them a warrant for illegal trade. They had met up with all the wrong sorts of high end companies that consulted in the illegal trade of magical creatures, and they certainly had enough evidence to at the very least bring them in for questioning. Pierre Nott was the second oldest brother, and next in line to theoretically become Lord Nott. The man however in his year in Britain had not even made an attempt towards the Wizengamot seat, and had even deferred to Tiberius Nott before he was sent to Azkaban. His wife, Camilla, was a Lafayette prior to her marriage. The Lafayettes were a prominent French family in Nice that had been political rivals to the Malfoys in their time on the Black Market, so neither were what exactly the Aurors could have called small fish. Now the aurors were just hoping that by hauling them in they could attract the attention of the other Nott's and drive them out of hiding with these arrests.

The remainder of Harry's special auror response team was sitting in the head of DMLE's office listening to the dinner waiting to see if they would be needed as backup. It had been well over an hour now when Dean said, "They are leaving. Its now or never."

"Get the check, and grab them before they make it to the apparition point, but be cool you have plenty of time. Don't cause a scene." Harry ordered calmly in complete focus.

They all listened as Dean requested the check, but the response to the waiter brought a heavy silence to the room, "Sir your tab was picked up by a couple across the bar."

Neville was the first to break the silence, "What the fuck is this?"

"Dean, Luna move in, and make the arre-"

The sounds of an explosion brought loud distortion over their radio, and Harry swore picking up the device, "Dean report?"

"We are alive, and not out of the woods. We need help! Staff is- LUNA GET DOWN!"

The group was up and moving towards the door when suddenly a device on Harry's desk began swirling around and smoking. Harry stared at the device in surprise, while Hermione asked, "Harry isn't that..."

"The wards on my house in Godric's Hollow. We've been set up." Harry said with a furious look in his eyes.

Hannah wasted no time, "Harry we need a plan of attack."

The young man nodded, taking a deep breath, "Neville take Cho, Daphne, Hannah, and Ron to back up Dean. Bring in the Notts alive. Hermione and I are familiar with Godric's Hollow. We will go deal with that."

Hannah protested immediately, "Let me go with you Harry. I've been to your parents' memorial a few times, and this lot will have plenty of wands. Strength in numbers."