Chapter 24

Chapter 24

When Daphne opened her eyes a flood of memories nearly drowned her vision. Her first thoughts weren't however of what led her to be in her boyfriend's apartment, but the events that followed the couple going to bed. The arm around her waist, and the presence she felt behind her was all the reminder she needed for just what had happened. She stirred slightly, stretching her legs a bit, but the grip around her waist tightened, "Good morning Daph. Trying to start morning activities?"

The woman blushed, and it must've spread across her body because Harry chuckled lightly, "Good morning Harry."

She turned to face him, and his eyes immediately went down to her chest, and he sighed, "I could definitely get used to waking up to this."

He pulled the young woman close and began kissing around her neck and jaw slipping tantalizingly low making the young woman moan, "How do you still have energy?"

His kisses slipped lower and lower until Daphne was gripping the sheets in anticipation, and she heard his cheeky answer, "I can't seem to get enough of you." A moan of satisfaction seemed to encourage him, and suddenly they were back face to face exchanging gentle kisses.

When they separated Daphne was weighing the advantages of spending a day in bed, but her stomach growling ruined the thought when Harry laughed falling onto his back, "I think we worked up quite an appetite from last night. Want to go get breakfast?"

Daphne pouted at this, "Breakfast in bed isn't an option I guess?"

Harry's eyes wandered her up and down with dramatic purpose, "For me it is, but your stomach is growling, and I can't have you crashing on me during our vacation."

This made the girl blush scarlet red this time with no hopes of hiding it as Harry laughed, throwing the blankets off him, and walking towards his closet for a change of clothes. Daphne laid back taking the room in for the first time. When they entered last night it was pretty dark, and now looking around she observed a few things. Like at Andromeda's home there were pictures of Teddy scattered across the walls in frame. One particular picture caught her eye as it showed Harry and Teddy holding broomsticks either coming down from a fly, or getting ready to go on one. Another picture that caught her eye was of Harry and their whole group of friends making silly poses in what appeared to be Halloween costumes. The next photo was a wedding photo of a beautiful redhead, and a man that could only be Harry's father. The pair were beaming at each other looking like the happiest people to ever live. Daphne roused herself from the bed to get a closer look at the picture, and not for the first time wondered what the world could've been like if they had lived to raise their son.

"Not that I don't appreciate the view, but maybe if you are going to be spending more nights here we can bring a few outfits for you to keep over here." Harry said from across the room.

Shaking her head the girl responded with, "One night in your bed, and you are already trying to get me to move in. That's very flattering dear."

The tone was complete condescension but Harry chuckled through it as Daphne summoned her clothes from the previous night, and dressed herself while freshening up her clothes with a few basic charms. Harry strolled into the living room while she finished readying herself in the bathroom calling out, "If you want to stay any more nights you are of course welcome, but maybe we should hit Diagon Alley to get you a few outfits, or run back by your place to pack a bag."

Daphne looked at herself in the mirror as she processed his words. She knew he was right, and it would be silly to waste money on several new outfits, but was thankful he was willing to spare her peace of mind if it was necessary, "I think we can go back after breakfast."