Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Daphne and Harry touched down on the grounds of Malfoy Manor just outside the gate. A large manor house was barely able to be made out of the darkness at the end of the long corridor like driveway. Lights hung all across the windows giving an ominous feel to the home that clearly made the head of the DMLE nervous. In the garden ahead beyond the gates a soft fountain could be heard, and Daphne tried to relax as she called for a house elf.

A small elf in despicable rags appeared, "Lady Greengrass. You bring a guest to Malfoy home tonight?"

Daphne nodded tightly, "Alfred please awaken my sister and Lord Malfoy. I have urgent needs for them, and tell them that the head of Magical Law Enforcement is with me."

The elf gave a slight bow, and disapparated. Harry sighed, "I should have made that a condition of their pardon that they weren't allowed to have house elves."

Daphne looked at the man bewildered, "What?"

"They treat their house elves horribly. I tricked Lucius Malfoy into freeing one of them that tried to help me out once. He turned out to be one of the bravest friends I ever had. Saved my life in a battle that took place here." Harry said with a tight voice.

Daphne had no idea that Harry had been to this house before. Not only had he been here, but he mentioned a battle? She swallowed hard, wondering just what she was bringing him back into, but the thought barely remained in her mind for even a moment as she began to think about Tracey once more.

A pure white peacock could be seen down the way, and she stared at it as it made soft noises in the distance. The hand that had once been on her elbow seemed to tighten with every passing moment. Daphne took the hand though and coiled her fingers through it, but never took her eyes off the long driveway, "You have to find her Harry. She's like my sister."

The tension in his body seemed to sag a little, "I am going to do everything in my considerable power to find her. As soon as I am done here I am going to question Tiberius Nott, and we will get the answers we need."

"What if he isn't behind this? Or knows nothing?" Daphne asked worriedly.

"The Unspeakables are on this as well. They will hopefully be able to track the magical residue that will have followed their escape from Saints Mungos. That will be a slower method, but could be just as fruitful. We have a lot of options to explore, and we are going to work fast I swear."

A few moments of silence passed before Daphne said, "I am sorry to bring you back here. If you fought a battle here it must be unpleasant memories."

Harry didn't answer this with words, but she took a glance at his face, and could tell this pained him to be at this house. Thankfully the wait was over when the gates opened. The two began walking slowly forward, but neither released the other's hand until they made it to the front doors.

When the doors opened a house elf told them to come in where Draco and Astoria were waiting on them with worry written all over their faces. Astoria was in a pink robe that looked to be made of some type of high fashion silk, while Draco was in a mere white t-shirt, and flannel pajama bottoms.

Astoria broke the silence as the two strode over towards them, 'What has happened?"

Daphne bit her lip, tears building in her eyes again. Astoria's eyes widened as she came forward to embrace her sister. She had not seen her sister cry since their father had died, and it was a testament to just how bad the news she brought was. She couldn't get the words out, and Harry finally spoke, "Daphne was working tonight when an unidentified man came into her section of the hospital and took Tracey Davis. My teams are scouring the country looking for her as we speak."