Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Arriving at Greengrass Manor was more sloppy than Daphne had envisioned, Truth be told the flight of alcohol they had done at The Lazy Irishman was hitting her harder than she anticipated. Her balance was not completely gone when she landed at the floo in her fathers office. Her friends that followed were about the same level of intoxicated, but Daphne already felt confident the night would go on just fine.

Daphne strode threw the manor as if she were a warrior princess returning from conquering a battlefield, "Mother I am home!"

When Daphne entered the foyer she was surprised to see a few more had gathered. Neville was chatting with her mother while Ron stood to the side with a glass of wine in his hand looking like he would rather be anywhere else on the planet. Astoria and Tracey were speaking to a tall familiar handsome man that wore dark green eyes speaking to them amicably. When Daphne and her friends entered the foyer Harry turned offering the softest smile to the birthday girl. When they made eye contact he excused himself from the two, and came over to the girl embracing her softly, "Happy Birthday Daphne. Tracey called us over whenever she got here. Think your mother was quite surprised to receive us, but we wouldn't miss it."

This made the girl laugh, "Yes I bet she was."

As they separated the girl, emboldened by alcohol kissed the man on the cheek, "Thanks for coming, Harry."

The man chuckled, "Thanks for bringing the entertainment. You girls look like yall had a good time. We would've pregamed had we known."

This made the girl offer him a smile, "Next time you can join us."

"Promises." The man said cheekily.

Daphne laughed perhaps a little louder than necessary, and her mother approached the chatting duo, "Hello Daughter. Happy Birthday."

The Greengrass heiress offered her mother a light smile, "Hello mother. Thank you for hosting my friends and I. Before I forget, allow me to formally introduce you to the Head of Magical Law Enforcement, and Lord of the Potter Family. This is Harry Potter."

Daphne may have turned up the pomp for her friend's introduction, but Harry took it in stride kissing the offered hand of Ophelia Greengrass, "A pleasure to formally meet you Lady Greengrass. Your daughter has become a dear friend to me these past few months."

Before the woman could comment back Daphne interjected, "Do we have any wine?"

Ophelia pursed her lips at her daughter's interruption to the introduction, "You know full well the family stores are quite extensive."

"Then it is time I return the favor to my friends who are always allowing me to indulge in their homes. Art!

An older house elf appeared, and offered a bow, "Happy name day Heiress Greengrass. What can art do for you?"

"Please bring out three bottles of wine. Something decent please, Art." Daphne commanded haughtily.

"Yes mistress." The elf answered with a bow, and returned almost instantly after disappearing with three bottles of wine. With a snap of his fingers ten glasses appeared, and he immediately began serving them.

Tracey came over to her best friend's side as the elf served out the dishes, "I am guessing I left before the shots came out? You girls look a little trashed."

Daphne sighed, but had a smile on her face as she wrapped her arm through her best friends, "Yes my dear we had a few shots, but it is my birthday! Susan is a horrible influence."

This made Susan come to grip Daphne's arm, "Nothing less for my girl!" The red head then had the chance to meet the Lady Greengrass who was frowning at the friendship in disapproval, "Lady Greengrass a pleasure to meet you in a less formal setting."