Chapter 30

Chapter 30

October 1st was a big day in Daphne's career. Despite her ambitions to become the greatest healer, or to cure the world's oldest ailments she knew this would be a moment she could be proud of. The day she graduated from the Auror Academy. Trained personally by perhaps the most powerful wizard of her generation, and signed off on by a Minister who had participated in their final field test personally.

Most Aurors were given three months of Academy training. Followed by a year of field training. Her group of five however were immediately being attached to Harry's personal team. Their job was to be an on hand Task Force that would tackle things that perhaps other Aurors wouldn't be equipped to handle.

It started with Daphne, the most experienced healer in the entire Auror department. Her time as an emergency room trauma specialist made her a real value to a team that would likely be seeing a variety of combat missions.

Then there was Hannah. The girl was a force of nature with a wand, and she was going to be the main interrogator. Her skills with legilimency were second to none, and when Harry approved it she would be able to extract information from captured enemies they might encounter in the field. It also helped that with her apprenticeship as a healer at Hogwarts she would be able to help Daphne with any serious injuries.

Cho, Luna, and Dean, were going to be specializing in basic espionage tactics. Harry would be deploying them across Wizarding Britain on a nightly basis instructing them to blend in. Sometimes they would be together, and other times they would be alone. They are mostly trying to track suspicious circumstances that are getting reported across the country. After the attack at the World Cup everyone and their neighbor was a possible terrorist. With the number of tips coming, there was no shortage of calls that needed to be investigated, and between the three of them they covered a variety of bases.

Luna the pureblood daughter of a rather well known business owner. After graduating Hogwarts the girl had bloomed into a lovely young woman, and despite her eccentricity she had no problem blending in random social groups, and congregating normally.

Cho was also a Pureblood, but her family had a lot of contacts in the Ministry, and the Ministries across the continent. Her grandfather had been a foreign advisor, and while her parents had normal jobs a lot of those contacts were still available to her.

Dean was a good balance to the others because he was a muggleborn. He had intricate knowledge of the best places in the Muggle World. As one of the few wizards who had one foot firmly in each world he could blend in easily, and even spend time in muggle areas near Wizarding Communities to dig up information.

When you put the new initiates with the team Harry had already formed after the first war they were packing some serious power, resources, and abilities. Daphne however was the only one who had not been in the DA during the first go around, and it was something she regretted immensely. Hindsight truly was 20/20, and as Harry stood before the gathered families giving a brief speech about their specialized Auror class this thought came playing over and over in her mind.

Hannah sat next to her with her head held up with pride. She didn't have any family left from the last war. The only one in the small audience supporting her was Neville. That didn't seem to deter her though. She had told Daphne before the ceremony that she knew her family and Susan would have been immensely proud, and she knew that they had made the right choices. Daphne wished she could say her family was proud, but everytime she glanced at them they looked like they were attending a funeral instead of a graduation.

At the end Harry called up each person, and pinned the Auror badge on their purple robes. The robes were mostly for ceremony in their case since they were immediately being assigned to a speciality team that would have its own dress code, but still Daphne couldn't believe she wore the badge, and the clothes that gave her a rank she would never have even dreamed of having.